I want to go back to x10x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightli8

Reaction score
I recently logged into the control panel to sort out an issue with outlook all of a sudden being unable to send mail and was greeted with this ugly "paper lantern" theme where i cannot find things i used to be able to find with ease when using x10x3, there is also no way to even get into basic, it redirects back to paper lantern, i would like to get x10x3 back because it isn't ugly giant icons mobile cack.

Thank you

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You'd have to take that up with the cPanel developers, they are the ones that decided to drop support for the old x3 theme, paper lantern is their new default theme and you are all seeing that as a result of our servers having been upgdraded to the latest version of cPanel.

I have so far not had any issues switching between basic and paper lantern, not on my account and not on user accounts where I had a reason to login to test (though I log in as admin so that could perhaps have a different outcome due to that)

kostaspe

Reaction score
I have so far not had any issues switching between basic and paper lantern, not on my account and not on user accounts where I had a reason to login to test (though I log in as admin so that could perhaps have a different outcome due to that)

When I try to switch to basic on my cPanel, it just stays paper lantern. I have read other people who are on xo7 having the same problem.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
When I try to switch to basic on my cPanel, it just stays paper lantern. I have read other people who are on xo7 having the same problem.
Strange, I had no issues whatsoever to switch yours to Basic on your cPanel.

mylousyd

Reaction score
When I try to switch to basic on my cPanel, it just stays paper lantern.
I had the exact same problem but only when I was using the Pale Moon browser. When I used Internet Explorer browser everything worked fine. I even disabled all the Pale Moon plugins but it made no difference.

I have since closed my x10 account and moved my site to a different host so I can't test this to see if it's still the case.

kostaspe

Reaction score
Strange, I had no issues whatsoever to switch yours to Basic on your cPanel.

When I logged in just now it was Basic. I switched it to PL, then tried to switch back to Basic & it stayed PL. Maybe it is a browser issue?

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Wow. This is the ONLY thread about the new CP!
Nice, fresh look; will take some getting used to now that the information is in a different place on the page.

re: paper lantern theme:
Anna: what browser did you use? With Firefox I get the same results that kostaspe gets: locked into "paper lantern". interesting that after you switched kostaspe to "basic", kostaspe was able to switch FROM "basic" to "paper lantern", but unable to switch BACK to "basic".
Kostaspe: What browser are you using? Did you try IE or Edge?

Anna: dont know who to send this part to. The old CP had a link to Community Forum at the top right. Can this be put back in place in this new theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.