Server xo3.x10hosting.com Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

darknessiseek

Reaction score
I don't know how long it's been down I came home from work and it was down when I tried to access it like 3 hours ago I thought I would wait till it resolved itself. Anyhow still not able to access CPanel I get this error:
Internal Server Error

No response from subprocess (cpanel (cpanel)): The subprocess reported error number 72,057,594,037,927,935 when it ended. The process dumped a core file.
cpsrvd Server at xo3.x10hosting.com

preside2

Reaction score
I started having similar issues on XO3 this afternoon myself, 503 errors popping up for a subdomain I'd installed a php site on, and my CPanel has several warning messages scattered about that expand to extremely lengthy error gibberish.

estories

Reaction score
For me the mess started yesterday 21:45 MESZ, so it's going on meanwhile for 22 hours.

Website down. Cpanel down. PhpMyAdmin down. FTP-server down. There is a variety of error notifications.503 errors for example, but mostly complaints that the file system is read-only.

It seems, something basically went down pretty profoundly. – Maybe they were blown up? I hope, no.

I tried to get some information about the server status, in the blog, with Twitter and facebook and so on. But no luck so far.

darknessiseek

Reaction score
It's now resolved on my end! Finally!!!

It's when Cpanel updates their packs all hosting has to update, which causes the errors.

preside2

Reaction score
Finally running for me as well, but running really slowly as compared to before.

estories

Reaction score
It's a bit slow still indeed. But let's give them a little time to get some more steam on their engines.

majestyc

Reaction score
I've gotten my site back BUT check your files since some may have become corrupt. The two main areas of my site: INDEX.php and SHOP.php were corrupted and lost...I checked the files and I had to some backups that I had saved a little while back. Lost a bit of work that I have done, but not the end of the world and can be fixed easily enough.

IMPORTANT TO CREATE BACKUPS!!!! If you change a file on the server, MAKE SURE it is changed in a local storage system on your computer too :)

estories

Reaction score
Nice hint.

I believe, everyone engaged in the venerable freehosting of x10hosting.com (me included), will have to do some additional work on his/her part of the project in cases like this..

And: Yeah, we can. Because we aren't idiots, caramba.

majestyc

Reaction score
Nice hint.

I believe, everyone engaged in the venerable freehosting of x10hosting.com (me included), will have to do some additional work on his/her part of the project in cases like this..

And: Yeah, we can. Because we aren't idiots, caramba.

Thank you, yeah I have tried to create as many backups as I can, but I end up working on the server instead of on my computer when it comes to files...ONLY because when I work on my computer I see different results when uploaded to the server ugh lol.

estories

Reaction score
You may be right.

Unfortunately I don't know nothing about your website

If it's a Wordpress-installation, Updraft could help you, provided you have installed the plugin.

The problem with local backups frequently is, that the domain on the local machine is 'localhost', while it should be on the server for example 'x10.mx' or 'x10.hosting.mx' or anything similar.
In this case, you will have to unpack your database file(s), open it in any texteditor, exchange the domains, save the whole stuff, pack the file and reload it to the server (i.e. import it to your database).

And,as a consolation for you, you are not alone. At this moment I am in the depths of my website too to do a proper recovery.
This weekend may be a lost one for many administrators of the freehosting x10.hosting.com websites.

Anyhow, never get's lose our good humor – LOL.

The x10.freehosting is one of the really good ones (I don't get any money for this, but I know a lot of other freehosting offers).

preside2

Reaction score
I'm almost starting to wonder if this wasn't some sort of a planned mainenance or upgrade type outage. My site's actually now running a bit better than it was before the outage, though of course I won't actually know until I have more than just myself on testing things. Leading up to the outage, I was getting the periodic "backend fetch" type error when I and another person would be using my php server at the same time, and the server users a page timer to help indicate how quickly pages are loading etc. and they were regularly in the .25 to .50 second range, where right now I'm averaging about .125 or so. Let's hope this holds, there's a chance I and my friend might be trying to spend some time on my server tonight now that things seem fixed, and I'd really hate for things to go down in the middle. :p

It's a bit slow still indeed. But let's give them a little time to get some more steam on their engines.

preside2

Reaction score
The irony is I had just run a backup of my php subdomain just 2 hours before the outage, the rest of my site I have backed up elsewhere and really don't care about anyways. :p

I've gotten my site back BUT check your files since some may have become corrupt. The two main areas of my site: INDEX.php and SHOP.php were corrupted and lost...I checked the files and I had to some backups that I had saved a little while back. Lost a bit of work that I have done, but not the end of the world and can be fixed easily enough.

IMPORTANT TO CREATE BACKUPS!!!! If you change a file on the server, MAKE SURE it is changed in a local storage system on your computer too :)

estories

Reaction score
I'm almost starting to wonder if this wasn't some sort of a planned mainenance or upgrade type outage. My site's actually now running a bit better than it was before the outage, though of course I won't actually know until I have more than just myself on testing things. Leading up to the outage, I was getting the periodic "backend fetch" type error when I and another person would be using my php server at the same time, and the server users a page timer to help indicate how quickly pages are loading etc. and they were regularly in the .25 to .50 second range, where right now I'm averaging about .125 or so. Let's hope this holds, there's a chance I and my friend might be trying to spend some time on my server tonight now that things seem fixed, and I'd really hate for things to go down in the middle. :p

Great to hear, that your things are going well again (or even better than before).

Maybe they still will go better within the next days. Any datacenter, which went to an outage (from reason whatsoever) needs some days to recover fully – it's just a question of electronics/physics.

The only problem with x10.hosting is: communication. Nobody knows, what will happen next.

Frankly spoken, I don't understand their policy. Any simple notification, for example in Twitter, would do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.