Wordpress, unable to upload media, HTTP error, 403 Forbidden error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbesga35

Reaction score
Hi!

I am unable to upload media through my Wordpress. I always get a HTTP error. Checking with the browser console I see I always get a 403 Forbidden error. With the browser uploader I get this message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-admin/media-new.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I already tried a lot of things with .htaccess, wp-config.php and file and folder permissions but nothings solves the problem. At this point I think it is more server related.

I hope someone will be able to help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

madgumsx

Reaction score
Hi!

I am unable to upload media through my Wordpress. I always get a HTTP error. Checking with the browser console I see I always get a 403 Forbidden error. With the browser uploader I get this message:

I already tried a lot of things with .htaccess, wp-config.php and file and folder permissions but nothings solves the problem. At this point I think it is more server related.

I hope someone will be able to help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

I am having the same issue too. I have tried the methods you stated without any luck. I have tried using the Cpanel and uploading the images directly to the media folder, the upload is successful but does not show within Wordpress media. I have also tried multiple themes, still no luck.

jbesga35

Reaction score
I am having the same issue too. I have tried the methods you stated without any luck. I have tried using the Cpanel and uploading the images directly to the media folder, the upload is successful but does not show within Wordpress media. I have also tried multiple themes, still no luck.

That's because the upload has not been managed with Wordpress, so there is no relationship between the uploaded file and the database. But you will probably be able to link to the file with the correct path. But anyway, this is not a real solution to the problem stated above.

darkured

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. The health check plugin is suggesting a few server related issues: outdated SQL server, outdated PHP version and lack of libsodium module.

estories

Reaction score
The 403 error is a bit of nonsense.

Currently x10hosting freehosting servers obviously are undergoing a profound rehaul.
And with this it may happen that website admins have no write access to their accounts.
Without write access you can't make anything on your webspace.
The only thing, which will help here, is paciencia/patience (till the maintenance will be finished).

lylex10h

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. The health check plugin is suggesting a few server related issues: outdated SQL server, outdated PHP version and lack of libsodium module.
cPanel --> SOFTWARE --> Select PHP Version --> Select the highest version and click the "Set as Current" link.

Status
Not open for further replies.