Web Site Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonydban

Reaction score
I have 2 websites that show a blank page when I try to display them. The last time I checked (about a week ago) they were working just fine. Also, the index.html file shows up blank also. All the files seem to be in File Manager, but, probably because the Index file is empty, the website displays nothing.. not even an error. Is there a backup the X10 does for free hosting where I could retrieve an old version of my file? What happened and where did my website go?

kane1x10

Reaction score
Look for index.php. That may be what is really being used.

I am getting blank pages right now also. It looks like others are having problems too since about last Friday.

tonydban

Reaction score
Look for index.php. That may be what is really being used.

I am getting blank pages right now also. It looks like others are having problems too since about last Friday.

Thanks, but I don't have any Index.php files in those directories. I tried emailing X10, but they replied that since I have a "Free" account I am not entitled to support. That sucks because I haven't touched any files since August 14 and at that time, everything was working fine. So I have to conclude that its something they did and they should fix.

springb5

Reaction score
They've obviously been fiddling with the server.

Last week I lost about 75% of my files data. I had to manually recreate these files as I didnt take a backup.

My only suggestion would be to backup your files everytime you make changes.

If you havent already, download an FTP programme, this will make it easier for you to copy the files to a storage space - then compress them in one package.

estories

Reaction score
A blank page frequently is a signal, that anything went wrong with the plugins. So disable your plugins and have a look, if your webpage is loading (a bit defaced maybe of course).

Backups can be made automatically in most CMS with a special plugin. However, take care that it is working correctly, otherwise you may run into the next problem with violating your disk quota.

kane1x10

Reaction score
A blank page frequently is a signal, that anything went wrong with the plugins. So disable your plugins and have a look, if your webpage is loading (a bit defaced maybe of course).

Without my administration page loading, how do I disable plug ins?

estories

Reaction score
Go to your plugin folder via your FTP-client (Filezilla or so) and rename it (to plugins.org for example).

kane1x10

Reaction score
Did that. Renamed modules and libraries and includes too just to see. None of them put anything on the screen.

I looked up white screen of death and tried a few things they recommended like making a php.ini file with "display_errors = On and error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT" in it. That didn't work. Then I found the link for X10 Hosting to do that and setting those there didn't give any messages either!

I am convinced now that this is a Joomla, CMS, or PHP problem. If I make an index.html, it works and the links work. Even the non CMS content links.

I think I upgraded Joomla to 3.9.11 a couple of weeks ago. This is not a busy or changing web page. Just links to other web pages mostly. So, I didn't check it right after the upgrade. I am thinking that broke something.

kane1x10

Reaction score
Joomla is hosed! I just reinstalled, but it created a new install. That one works. How do I fix the current site without being able to get to the administration console?

estories

Reaction score
Well, nice to hear, that you could get Joomla up and running.

If you want to get your original data back, you will need to have backups, especially database backups, which you can import into the database of your new installation (via phpMyAdmin), additionally copy your original plugins and themes into the according folders on the server.

What takes me by surprise, is, that you could make a connection to your website with an index.html. Your site should be a dynamic one (index.php). Index.html is a static webpage.Btw, are you connected to cloudflare? Or did you use any plugin to accelerate the loading of your webpage?

At this point, don't erase anything of your original installation – may be you will need it still.

Status
Not open for further replies.