FTP file size error, OKb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seismetx

Reaction score
Hello community,
This is my first post on here and I am hoping to find a solution to my problem.
I run a weather station which uploads the graphs and data etc to my website under public_html directory on the X10 server and this has been running for a couple of years with no problem, this is still all working ok.

In addition I run a seismic station which uploads the charts to a sub directory public_html,seismic,heli.
This was working fine for the last few years until around July 2019.
The weather and seismic system is run on a Raspberry pi3 with cron executing a script hourly, to lftp the seismic data to the site (the weather data is handled separately via the WeeWX software).
The problem is no seismic images are displayed on the site and when using the X10 control panel I have observed the file names are being uploaded to the correct directory , however the file size is 0kb.
Can someone shine any light on this problem ? As far as I know I have not changed any settings anywhere. Thanks for any help.

kenny9

Reaction score
The following is from the TOS, found under the 'Legal' tab, bottom right of each page:

"Auto-Generated Content
Sites that use scripts or applications to automatically generate content are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: "Auto-blog" scripts; Automatic camera uploading utilities (e.g. security cameras or webcams), weather-related data information, and anything else that automatically generates website content for search engine optimization (SEO) or other purposes."

seismetx

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, what I don't understand is why it worked for a couple of years then stopped, also the weather data is working ok ! This too is auto updated hourly by the weather software.

lylex10h

Reaction score
Can you manually upload these images using a different FTP client such as FileZilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.