A couple of issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstandel

Reaction score
Hello! I have been having a couple of issues with my hosting.
For the record, i have cloudflare and cachewall on.

1) My installation of eyeos is broken with multiple 503 and 507 errors when trying to fetch icons and theme files. See https://employee.synergize.ga/webos. (If you need test credentials, message me.) This happens even though my osTicket installation works flawlessly (sans some email issues, see below). Any help with that?

2) I am trying to add the following domain to my addon domains but it refuses to work: msleesmath.ga (for a teacher of mine as a gift, i set up her own hosting account to give to her after I set it up, so its hosted on xo5, msleesma as username) At the registrar, i have the nameservers pointed to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com and also tried glue records to ns1x10.msleesmath.ga and ns1x10.msleesmath.ga pointed to the corresponding IP adresses. It still gives me the error "Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver." no matter what i try. I'm at a loss here.... I've let the nameservers sit for 48 hours, switch the order, etc.

3) The osTicket install refuses to take the O365 email settings for email, it throws a error code of 11, connection refused. I have the latest PHP and all function/modules enabled (except the conflicting ones of course). I have setup a full account under Exchange Control Panel for the mailbox and have verified credentials.

Last edited:

cjptomas80

Reaction score
For question no. 2
First of all, using the free domain will take longer than 48 hours to propagate across all DNS server. You can check here at https://dnschecker.org the status of the propagation.

In the past it should work on less than 48 hours but recently it takes longer than It said on the registrar would be.

Beware on setting up an account on x10hosting on one IP address. It will lead to a suspension as the Terms and condition said only one account per IP address. you should try to ask the staff first for this.

Last edited:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
#1 you reported having issues before with cloudflare on your account,
is it possible thats still the issue ??

#2 sorry never heard of that "eyeos" script you mention,
id suggest seeking help from their support with that.

#3 the addon domain.
You can use addon domains only for domains you already own.
but im not sure how those other custom domains would be handled,
but .com, .net .org are more common & usually no problem registering.
also the average propagation time is 2 to 72 hours (3 days or more)

#4 the "Exchange Control Panel" script,
it is hard for anyone to help with that when they dont use it.
so i suggest asking their support for help with that.
same with the "eyeos" script you mentioned.
especially if you need help resolving it in a timely manner.

i would also suggest you read Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy
just to be certain you are not doing anything wrong that might be causing
causing an issue.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
@spacresx paid domains always work less than 24 hours most of the time. But for free domains should work more than 48 hours. my free domain .tk takes me 72 hours before I manage to add here.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@spacresx paid domains always work less than 24 hours most of the time. But for free domains should work more than 48 hours. my free domain .tk takes me 72 hours before I manage to add here.

i have a paid .com domain myself that i once had to wait 6 days
for it to propagate. thats why i know what the average time is.
at least for my own.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Really? mine are .com and .one (both register at namecheap but recently transfer to namesilo at this registrar is much cheaper on renewals). Both less than 24 hours on propagation of DNS (but transfer from registrar to regirstrar take a whole week.). I guess it really depends. Thanks for information.

Last edited:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Really? mine are .com and .one (both register at namecheap but recently transfer to namesilo at this registrar is much cheaper on renewals). Both less than 24 hours on propagation of DNS (but transfer from registrar to regirstrar take a whole week.). I guess it really depends. Thanks for information.

Cool, i started using namesilo also about 2 yrs now,
i used to let my host manage it but got tired of that.

gstandel

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for all the help. A couple of things:
1) I registered for the account on a school IP on my school distributed surface. I am trying to stay in alignment of the TOS and the AUP and have read thoroughly beforehand before I even registered this account. Thanks for looking out though!

2) Exchange Control Panel is not a Softaculous script, it is the Office 365 outlook control center. See: https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/. Additionally, eyeOS IS a softaculous script, albeit being unsupported, I am using a newer, maintained one on GitHub. I am not worried about the app, I am worried about the Service Unavailable and No Reason Phrase errors.

3) My domain has been added. I guess it needs up to 72 hours to propagate. That's OK though! It is a part of Freenom, a free domain registrar having free domains under .ga, .tk (this one might be familiar), .ml, .cf and .gq. The more you know!

TL;DR basically my domain problem is fixed and I'm not violating TOS or the AUP.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
welcome.

I knew .ga domains looked familiar,
i used to use those free domains before to like free dns etc.
i always found dns stuff confusing sometimes.
i try to simplify it, and have control of the domain name
at the same time.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for all the help. A couple of things:
1) I registered for the account on a school IP on my school distributed surface. I am trying to stay in alignment of the TOS and the AUP and have read thoroughly beforehand before I even registered this account. Thanks for looking out though!

2) Exchange Control Panel is not a Softaculous script, it is the Office 365 outlook control center. See: https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/. Additionally, eyeOS IS a softaculous script, albeit being unsupported, I am using a newer, maintained one on GitHub. I am not worried about the app, I am worried about the Service Unavailable and No Reason Phrase errors.

3) My domain has been added. I guess it needs up to 72 hours to propagate. That's OK though! It is a part of Freenom, a free domain registrar having free domains under .ga, .tk (this one might be familiar), .ml, .cf and .gq. The more you know!

TL;DR basically my domain problem is fixed and I'm not violating TOS or the AUP.

On item 1. This will lead to a multiple accounts violation since you been accessing and creating accounts in the same place. Unless you notified x10hosting beforehand.

Under Terms of Service stated that:

• Multiple Accounts
    Users detected to have multiple accounts may be suspended without notice. If you are an educational institution or non-profit that will be accessing multiple accounts from a single location please contact us so we can mark your accounts accordingly.

gstandel

Reaction score
On item 1. This will lead to a multiple accounts violation since you been accessing and creating accounts in the same place. Unless you notified x10hosting beforehand.

Under Terms of Service stated that:

• Multiple Accounts
    Users detected to have multiple accounts may be suspended without notice. If you are an educational institution or non-profit that will be accessing multiple accounts from a single location please contact us so we can mark your accounts accordingly.

I understand that, but is the fact that if i just access the account, even though it isn't technically mine (like I've said, this account will be gifted to my teacher), mean I'd be violating the TOS? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to stay clear of any trouble.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think what that means is that you cannot open 2 active accounts
using your credentials. (that is a violation)
it does not matter if you are gifting one to the other person or not.

They have to create the account themselves.
(you cannot do it for them and then give it/gift it to them)

gstandel

Reaction score
I think what that means is that you cannot open 2 active accounts
using your credentials. (that is a violation)
it does not matter if you are gifting one to the other person or not.

They have to create the account themselves.
(you cannot do it for them and then give it/gift it to them)
Ah. Ok. Well, we'll see :(... Thanks for the help though!

cjptomas80

Reaction score
For clarification only one account per person. You cannot create another account in the same place as you are since this will violate one account policy unless stated on the terms of service regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.