General Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I get this now on my site (was able to access it not too long ago)
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

mysql_connect function does not exist, is mysql extension installed? []

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Is this related to the migration going on? I hope so :/ I didn't do anything with the database recently (not that I could)

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
most likely is related to the migration.
everything is bonkers so it seems right now lol.

caftpx10

Reaction score
This is likely because your PHP version has changed to PHP 7 or above, which removes support for ext/mysql (mysql_* extension). The software you use would either need to use MySQLi or PDO, if you are unable to change the PHP version to PHP 5 (the very last PHP 5 version has been end-of-life since almost a year ago).

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I never changed the PHP version. My site is a phpBB board, though it uses a 3.0.x version not the latest one for phpBB

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
By the looks of it your account has been moved over to one of the new servers, which is likely why your php version has been bumped up. As of now even php version 7.1 has reached end of life and isn't receiving any security updates even, 7.2 has a short lifespan left (security updates only).

When I did look on my server I could however chose php 5.6 as well as a couple older from the 7.x branch. By switching to an older php version you can solve the error, but I'd highly recommend looking into upgrading as using the latest versions provide better security.

You will find the option to switch php version under "Extra features" - > "Select PHP version". Don't forget to mark the extensions you want to be able to use, such as mysql for instance.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
By the looks of it your account has been moved over to one of the new servers, which is likely why your php version has been bumped up. As of now even php version 7.1 has reached end of life and isn't receiving any security updates even, 7.2 has a short lifespan left (security updates only).

When I did look on my server I could however chose php 5.6 as well as a couple older from the 7.x branch. By switching to an older php version you can solve the error, but I'd highly recommend looking into upgrading as using the latest versions provide better security.

You will find the option to switch php version under "Extra features" - > "Select PHP version". Don't forget to mark the extensions you want to be able to use, such as mysql for instance.
Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.