My email accounts deleted, i can't recreate them with my parked domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

miambien

Reaction score
I had one email account behind my parked domain, due to change in panels my email account where deleted and I can't make it agan because there is not the option to use my parked domain to create a new account, only the primary domain wich is given with the hosting.

I want to create that mail account again because I have several social networks linked with that mail. Will I be able to create that account with my parked domain again?

Thanks in advance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
After a lot of poking around and discussion with a fellow admin we have come to the conclusion that this is a part where cpanel and directadmin differs completely. Directadmin calls parked domains for domainpointers and are basically domains pointed to your site but ones that you can not really configure anything for.

The best solution according to our research is to remove it from domain pointers and add it as a "full" domain under "Account Manager" -> "domain setup" -> "add new".

Once that is done you would need to copy all files from the public_html folder of the main domain over to the public_html folder of the new domain, and if needed set a redirect from the main domain to the added one but I'm guessing you largely have promoted your own domain.

miambien

Reaction score
I did removed the domain pointer then my entire site was erased. I'm uploading a backup now but the site database is almost empty. For now my site is working but it might be offline in any moment.

I don't know what to do right now.

miambien

Reaction score
I'm updating on my case

My site wasn't down even when there was no files in the server and the database is almost empty so i think my site is running from my old server .x03 or .x02, i don't remember.

Because that even when I recreate my email accounts the configuration don't work and i can't see my inbox.

As a note you should warn people if you delete the domainpointers you will erase your site, I think is very important to know it.

Is there an estimated time the migration will be complete?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.