Website can't be reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

delabol2

Reaction score
Hi
Whilst during the migration of all the accounts from cpanel to directadmin, I have tried to access my website www.delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com and it says it can't be reached and also I cannot access cpanel when logged into my x10hosting account, I realise this may be due to the migration but my website is inacessable, I'm using WordPress.org. Could you advise when my website will be back up and running. Thank you

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
your link works ok for me.
maybe clear your cookies and temp files then try again.

delabol2

Reaction score
your link works ok for me.
maybe clear your cookies and temp files then try again.
Hi spacresx
Did you experience any lag while the website loaded. I have cleared cookies and temp files but still says site cannot be reached and takes a long time to say that. I can't even open cpanel when I'm logged into my x10hosting account even then it says time out error occurred

delabol2

Reaction score
Hi lylex10h

I tried the link to your site and is doing exactly the same as mine saying site cannot be reached. My website is on x10. Did you try the link to my website and can you open the cpanel once your logged into your account on x10 hosting.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
@delabol2 Your server is x14 and loads fine for me, I'll do a bit investigation to see if I can figure out why it doesnt for you.

@lylex10h I can confirm that your server, x11, seem to have lost connectivity as I can not reach it on admin side or by viewing pages. I have reached out to admins that have access to give it a kick if needed.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
@delabol2 I found your IP as blocked for failed login attempts, I have unblocked it, can you try reaching your site now?

delabol2

Reaction score
Hi Anna

I can use the link to my website but when it sends me there, this is not my website as there's no content there that I've put in eg, fixtures, Results and tables all the photos are gone, everything is gone. I see I can access the cpanel but sends me to directadmin now, how can I put all my website content back on as its all lost on the migration

delabol2

Reaction score
I can't log in to wordpress.org either now aswell, this migration has totally mucked up my website

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
wordpress.org has nothing to do with our site and thus its login credentials would not be affected by the migrations, unless you refer to loging into the admin side of your wordpress installation, that would be done on your own domain (grvs.x10host.com/wp-login.php).

If you did install via softaculous, which it looks like, you should be able to change the admin username and password for your wordpress installation if needed.

As for the content, looks like uploaded images and such are there but the database is from a clean install, if you have your own database backup you can ofcourse restore that to regain your content as any textual content would be located in the database. If not you would likely have to wait a little bit until the initial transfers are done.

From what I gather once all server accounts is migrated there will be a second pass (though the admin didn't use that exact phrasing) where any missing information is dealt with, not sure exactly how that will be done on the technical side or if it perhaps will be a gather information and restore necessery parts on the account(s) that miss some data.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@Anna
I understand the waiting for the migration etc, but Was just wondering,
is there any word on when they will start migrating the old xo5 accounts ??

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna

Thank you for your reply, I will try logging in again in the morning into the admin side of my WordPress installation and see how I get on, but how long will the initial transfers take of the website please

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna
Hi
I am on my laptop now when i go to http://delaboleunitedafc.x10host.com/wp-admin/ and enter my log in details is says wrong username and password when its not, so i tried lost password and says no email address is supported, so even my wordpress.org doesnt recognise me during the migration. Do you mean i can alter the log in details via edit from the old cpanel and enter new ones?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No, the old panel is completely out of the picture.

But in directadmin you do have softaculous under "Extra features" and that is showing that you do have a wordpress installation active. You should be able to alter those details through softaculous. There are other ways as well to regain access, but that would include messing with the database itself or editing files. See this article for those options: https://wpbuffs.com/tips-and-tricks-to-recover-your-lost-wordpress-password/

You are not trying the login details for the hosting account are you? The logins there would be totally different unless you specifically set them to the same, I ask because I have seen it happen enough times.

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna
Hi
Yes i am in the new directadmin now, so in the softaculous where my wordpress installation is if click edit under the current installations i can enter new log in details.
No i was trying to log into wordpress with my wordpress log in credentials, but like i say if in the softaculous page i can change these details, right? sorry its all so confusing and im not to great with this side of things.
I see my php version is now 7.0 would this be affecting it?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you have the latest version of wordpress the php version isn't going to be an issue, you should even be able to bump it up to the highest available.

And yes, you should be able to change the login details within softaculous under edit.

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna
When i go to change my log in details on softaculous it says
The following errors were found :

• The MySQL Connection could not be established.
  • The Admin username is incorrect and does not exist!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Then one of the methods in the linked article might suffice.

Though there might be more to this, I saw that there were files/folders that indicates of a used wordpress installation while the contents seen is that of a fresh install. This makes me think that the original database might have been corrupted somehow.

Do you have a personal backup of your database from when it was working properly with all contents? If so using that and restore it into the current database in phpMyAdmin would also likely do the trick. If you don't you could await availabilty of our backups.

delabol2

Reaction score
@Anna
When i go to php my admin it asks to log in, which log in details are these is it my x14.x10hosting.com log in information, as i have a back up with all content. im getting really confused with all this now.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the login information for that would be the same as you do for x14.x10hosting.com (it will be automated eventually).

I understand you are confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.