Email no longer working following migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakema2

Reaction score
I keep getting a popup for mail since migration - can someone please confirm what the incoming/outgoing mailservers should be?

drakema2

Reaction score
OK so looking at this post (https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/webmail-broken-after-migration.206911/) it seems my custom domain was listed as pointer so I deleted the pointer and created a new domain under Account Manager. All my site was erased!! I managed to reinstate but others should be warned that this happens!

It also seems my new server is x12. However, the email accounts are listed under the x10 domain (@drakemanor.x10host.com) and not the custom domain. I can't seem to get email working to the custom domain with the following:

Incoming/Outgoing
x12.x10hosting.com - port 993/465

Can anyone give any help? I recreated the email account under the custom domain but the data seems to be under the old default domain. Is there any way to migrate (IMAP)?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry that your site got deleted when you removed the domain pointers, we would surely have made notes about it if it had occured during our testing, at no point have adding/removing a domain pointer caused any alterations to my files.

As for migrating the emails, not sure there is an easy way. One way would be to login to the webmail using the default domain account, mark all mails (or do it in batches if there's a lot of them as there's a size limit on import), then under "more" at the top far right chose download. This gives you the option to download a archive of all messages, use the maildir option for best result.

Then log into the webmail for the custom account and under the same "More" link you find the import option.

You could probably achieve the same with a mailclient on your computer as well.

As for the connection, those are the settings I use (though I'm on x11 so obviously I have the x11 server address). Using ssl/tsl as connection security, password authentication, full email as the user for both incoming and outgoing.

drakema2

Reaction score
OK so I can get the settings right now for checking IMAP, however, there seems to be nothing in the file. Also, when I access Roundcube, I get this error: upload_2020-1-1_19-42-52.png

Status
Not open for further replies.