X11 Server issues accessing DirectAdmin, email, FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringtha

Reaction score
I posted at the start of the week, but I assume the thread has been swamped in the volume of messages here about the migration. I’d really like some sort of help, even if it’s just an acknowledgement that things are broken, and being fixed.

Long story short, I’m on x11 server, and have not been able to access email since 22/12. I’m also unable to access DirectAdmin, and I get this error when I try logging in:
Sign in Successful
Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.

An error has occurred forwarding your sign in.

I can’t even access my site using FTP, as I get an error stating that the username or password is incorrect.

I understand the difficulties with this sort of migration, but right now I really need to be able to access my email accounts, or even just the account settings to let me forward email to an account I can check. Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried both, using the direct link gives me an unknown username or password error.
When going to the server directly, you would need to use the hostingaccounts username, not email (if that's what you are used to for login to the sso page). The hosting username is the same as the username for your forum account.

I have confirmed the account is indeed present on x11

For ftp, are you logging into an ftp account you created, or the default one (same as hosting username), for any created ftp accounts it needs to be the full username including the @domain.com part.

What are you using as host for ftp?

serennau22

Reaction score
When going to the server directly, you would need to use the hostingaccounts username, not email (if that's what you are used to for login to the sso page). The hosting username is the same as the username for your forum account.

Which is odd, as I can successfully log in using my email address as my username. from the sso page.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Which is odd, as I can successfully log in using my email address as my username. from the sso page.
When you login to https://x10hosting.com/sso/login the email works fine, when you are going from sso to actual server by clicking "open cpanel" the control panel actually sends your (hosting)username and password with the request to go to cpanel and thus logging you into cpanel (or rather directadmin now) using those credentials.

End server, in your case x14, does not know what email you used for signing up as that is only part of our own backend.

bringtha

Reaction score

I have confirmed the account is indeed present on x11

For ftp, are you logging into an ftp account you created, or the default one (same as hosting username), for any created ftp accounts it needs to be the full username including the @domain.com part.

What are you using as host for ftp?
Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it. I've tried both the email and hosting account username when trying to log in directly. I've just tried again, with the hosting username, and I am still getting an error stating that the details are incorrect.

Regarding FTP, I've not created any accounts previously, so I'm just logging in with the hosting username. I've tried using WinSCP, as well as command line FTP. Using command line FTP indicates a username/password problem.

serennau22

Reaction score
When you login to https://x10hosting.com/sso/login the email works fine, when you are going from sso to actual server by clicking "open cpanel" the control panel actually sends your (hosting)username and password with the request to go to cpanel and thus logging you into cpanel (or rather directadmin now) using those credentials.

End server, in your case x14, does not know what email you used for signing up as that is only part of our own backend.

Thanks Anna! I was confuzzled!

Status
Not open for further replies.