Access your mail during maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

springbox99

Reaction score
Hello all,

If you are like me, since December 13th, you cannot access your mailbox, by webmail of course (no Cpanel), but neither via pop or imap.
Well, I found a way. Connect to your x10hosting account via ftp (I personally use Filezilla). Find the "mail" folder. You will find there your different addresses and different folders for each: cur, temp, new, .draft, .Junk, .Sent ... Check cur and new. Copy the files to your computer. Rename them to ".eml". Click on it, your current email software should read them.

springbox99

Reaction score
Mails are back and that's cool.
Thank you, the X10's team.

Edit : I just had to change pop server from x03.x10hosting.com to x12.x10hosting.com.

bringtha

Reaction score
That'd be pretty cool, if I could use ftp. Can't even get that working, currently...

springbox99

Reaction score
Well, for me, there's no need to use FTP anymore to access to mails. Roundcube works, now, pop and imap too.

gumbomac

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm on a server that still hasn't migrated. While the FTP method works for retrieving emails, I can't figure out how to send new ones. Is sending emails even possible through this method? If not, is there some other way to do so during migration?

(Sorry to bump this thread!)

springbox99

Reaction score
No, you can not send mails by this way. It's just a method to read them when webmail, pop and imap are down.
But, i think i remember smtp was still working during migration.

gumbomac

Reaction score
Hmm, I see. I do have the correct SMTP set up on my mobile phone, but sending emails isn't working. I hope this migration finishes up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.