No access to DirectAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmannz

Reaction score
Not sure the migration on our free is complete or not...my login screen still says that the migration is in progress.
After login when I select the cPanel button, I get a screen with two blue greater than signs.
My account is: jmannz.x10host.com

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Those two blue greater than signs is the logo of DirectAdmin, are you not getting past that and into the actual control panel?

For your account the migration should be completed.

jmannz

Reaction score
Those two blue greater than signs is the logo of DirectAdmin, are you not getting past that and into the actual control panel?

For your account the migration should be completed.

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to you.
I do not get past the two blue greater than signs (see below).

upload_2020-1-22_12-33-44.png

jmannz

Reaction score
After several minutes; see an "oops something went wrong. screen will refresh in …"

Then the below is displayed:

Sign in Successful

Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.

An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
are you able to login if you go directly to https://x13.x10hosting.com:2222

same username as here on the forums, same pass as the main login screen, there has been some cases where passwords have ended up a bit messed, so if that still fails I'll likely have to set a new directly on the server as they don't currently sync with mainlogin

jmannz

Reaction score
Thank you Anna for your prompt attention.

I get a blank screen with that url.

upload_2020-1-23_13-3-20.png
I attempted a paste of url and a click with both giving blank screen.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I just noticed that you are using Internet Explorer (by the look of the screenshot), and that has been reported to give issues. I did test with my account and I get the same if I user Internet Explorer.

Do you have an optional browser to use?

I'll see if I can dig up something about the problem and how to sort it out, if possible.

jmannz

Reaction score
Thank you Anna, you nailed the problem. I am glad I posted the screen shot.

The Edge browser works OK.
Thought I had Chrome also, but, not installed now, so only have tested successfully with Edge.

Again thank you for you help.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Chrome should work fine, that's what I use.

karrx10h

Reaction score
Actually, it's impossible (at least for me) to login to DirectAdmin control panel with any browser but a Chrome (Chrome, Hola Better Internet, Opera..., you name it).

Anybody else?

grvsx10h

Reaction score
I can't get in using SeaMonkey, a FFox clone. FireFox gets in but I don't want to use it.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, it's impossible (at least for me) to login to DirectAdmin control panel with any browser but a Chrome (Chrome, Hola Better Internet, Opera..., you name it).

Anybody else?
Are you by any chance utilizing the VPN service in Opera when you use that? If so that could be a problem. It also seem like the Hola Better Internet really is a proxy/vpn service rather then an actual browser, which would be why that fails.

I just installed a fresh version of Opera (for windows) and had no issues at all logging into DA through the SSO page.

I can't get in using SeaMonkey, a FFox clone. FireFox gets in but I don't want to use it.
I just installed SeaMonkey and was able to login just fine going through the main login.

There was an issue with all logins earlier that was sorted just a short while ago though.

karrx10h

Reaction score
Are you by any chance utilizing the VPN service in Opera when you use that?

No, no. I always connect in "raw"; without proxys or other... What I was actually saying is that the only way DirectAdmin is 100% fully functional is by using a Chrome browser. I can login with the Pale Moon (currently, v28.8.2 x64), but some features doesn't fully work. In example, the «My Messages» feature. I can see the subjects in the list, but when I click on one of them, nothing happens. With a Chrome browser, I'm able to read the messages.

Or, another example, the «MySQL Management». The "+" buttons in the databases list does nothing with Pale Moon, but they work with a Chrome browser.

Anyway, it's not fault of anybody of you, as this is happening too in the demo of the official DirectAdmin website.

Status
Not open for further replies.