cant view site

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
i am unable to access my site http://iceyfox.x10host.com/ or cpanel what so ever, i tried contacting support on email but i only have gotten a few responses and still is unresolved, that was yesterday, then i tried calling and a bot just said "all tech is busy right now, please leave a message" that was yesterday and today. i am starting to get REALLY fed up with all this lack of support from x10host. i thought my isp support was bad until i came acrossed this. anyways i am not here to vent i have a series issue, as i said i can not open my cpanel it just gives

This site can’t be reached
x14.x10hosting.com took too long to respond.
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
(opening on another browser has same result)

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Free hosting support is done primarily through these forums, and is largely provided by the community for the community, and does not have support via email or phone at all.

Your IP was blocked in the firewall due to too many failed login attempts to DirectAdmin.

I have now removed the block and you should be able to see your website and login again, it is recommended that you do so via our main site: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
Free hosting support is done primarily through these forums, and is largely provided by the community for the community, and does not have support via email or phone at all.

Your IP was blocked in the firewall due to too many failed login attempts to DirectAdmin.

I have now removed the block and you should be able to see your website and login again, it is recommended that you do so via our main site: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login

failed login attempts? i was logged in when it got block.. how the f is it failed login attempts (note i was logged in via fille zilla) and if it was blocked because i was using file zilla that is ridiculous

Last edited:

iceyfoxx

Reaction score

and if support is done through here, why is this on the contact page support@x10hosting.com. seems very misleading

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
failed login attempts? i was logged in when it got block.. how the f is it failed login attempts (note i was logged in via fille zilla) and if it was blocked because i was using file zilla that is ridiculous
Failed login attempts could include but not limited to e-mail accounts,
the control panel/login page as well. (including but not directly related to filezilla)
it is not 'ridiculous' considering it could be someone trying to hack your account.
to many failed login attempts kind of protects the account holder.

and if support is done through here, why is this on the contact page support@x10hosting.com. seems very misleading
i believe that link is generally used for helping with general questions.
ones not related to issues with the free hosting service which the forums are intended for.
such as questions about the services if your going to pay for the services.
not for reporting problems with a users website.

its only misleading if you expect support through e-mail instead of the forums.
just saying.

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
Failed login attempts could include but not limited to e-mail accounts,
the control panel/login page as well. (including but not directly related to filezilla)
it is not 'ridiculous' considering it could be someone trying to hack your account.
to many failed login attempts kind of protects the account holder.

i believe that link is generally used for helping with general questions.
ones not related to issues with the free hosting service which the forums are intended for.
such as questions about the services if your going to pay for the services.
not for reporting problems with a users website.

its only misleading if you expect support through e-mail instead of the forums.
just saying.

i did not say that the failed attempts block is ridiculous, i ment if me logging in through filezilla with the correct password causes a failed attempt then that is ridiculous. and the rest fair point and thanks for clarifying.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The failed logins was specifically when loging in to DirectAdmin user interface, had it been related to filezilla the log would have said failed ftp logins (as would mail failures specify that was the case, I have for instance seen many that had failed IMAP logins)

If you are on a shared IP it could be anyone on that IP that failed and blocked it.

As for the email address being on the contact page, there are many reasons one might need to send an email, it is common with abuse reports on it for instance. Also on that same contact page there are information about free hosting support with a link to self help (knowledge base), which suggests going to the forum if you can not find the answer there.

iceyfoxx

Reaction score
The failed logins was specifically when loging in to DirectAdmin user interface, had it been related to filezilla the log would have said failed ftp logins (as would mail failures specify that was the case, I have for instance seen many that had failed IMAP logins)

If you are on a shared IP it could be anyone on that IP that failed and blocked it.

As for the email address being on the contact page, there are many reasons one might need to send an email, it is common with abuse reports on it for instance. Also on that same contact page there are information about free hosting support with a link to self help (knowledge base), which suggests going to the forum if you can not find the answer there.

nope i am on a home network and i am the only one that is logging into it

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
im on a direct cable connection, no routers, no wifi or anything.
so i know im the only one using my connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.