Http error 503 - Backend fetch failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

adler96

Reaction score
Also, I cannot access cPanel or any replacement that I know of since weeks ago when the migration started. The site was working fine until now, though.

Last edited:

adler96

Reaction score
The site seems to be back up now. I still cannot login on my panel.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like your account may have had some issues in the transfer, and the domain still points to the old server. I have alerted admin that can deal with that part about the problem.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your account has now been re-restored to the new server, and you should now be able to login properly.

I noticed that you are using cloudflare for your custom domain, don't forget to update at their end with the new IP for your server, it is 198.91.81.12

adler96

Reaction score
Thanks! I can log in fine now.

The site seems to be working fine now. I didn't need to change any IP; I. Cloudflare I have the DNS configured as "CNAME nightearth.elementfx.com", so I guess it has automatically got the new IP.

Thanks for your quick support.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, in that case it would automatically get the right IP, many however have it set with the IP itself and would need the manual change, thus I felt it best to mention.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see that subdomain (static) as being created on your account here at all, so that would be a reason it fails.

I see a folder named static in the root for the default domain (which is your x10hosting provided domain), but not in the root for the custom domain. I see no additional folders inside it however. Where did you upload the content?

As for the www problems, I can not see anything on the server that would be the cause, files are in the proper place with proper permissions, are the www subdomain directed to the right IP?

All domains, including subdomains, would need to be pointed manually to read data from the right place when not using our name servers, using a cname and setting the x10provided domain as the value would work as well as using IP

adler96

Reaction score
The static subdomain used to be just an alias, exactly the same as www, going to the same content (but on a separate subdomain to avoid cookies being passed around in the requests for content that has no need for them). I don't know how to achieve the same effect with the new panel. I was trying the other day for a good while but couldn't make it to work.

As per www, the weird thing is that other files on that subdomain work fine (such as https://www.nightearth.com/js/common.js).

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure you can really make it an alias as they handle domains diffrently, but with it not being a domain set on the server, the server would not know what content to expect it to show...

What do you have in the settings for www. at cloudflares end?

adler96

Reaction score
In Cloudflare I have:

CNAME nightearth.com nightearth.elementfx.com
CNAME static nightearth.elementfx.com
CNAME www nightearth.elementfx.com

For both I have the Cloudflare proxy enabled, but I've tried disabling it and it makes no difference.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain the problem is with dns (or there is some part of the script you have installed that takes over the foldername with it being part of the internal paths), if you go to https://www.nightearth.com/icons/ there's a whole lot more files present in the list then there is on the server. This makes me think it does actually point in the wrong place.

adler96

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain the problem is with dns (or there is some part of the script you have installed that takes over the foldername with it being part of the internal paths), if you go to https://www.nightearth.com/icons/ there's a whole lot more files present in the list then there is on the server. This makes me think it does actually point in the wrong place.

Oh wow, I don't recognise any of these files; they are not mine, and I can't see them via FTP either.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a bit at loss, when looking at source, there are some indications that cloudflare are involved in the display of the page, so would seem it may be their end, but hard to know for sure as I'm not really familiar with cloudflare myself.

First I thought it could be something generated by the script you use, but it definitely looks like a normal index of, except for the bottom part which does look more like a part of a page with the text about public domain icons.

The icons folder, is that something you recently added, or has it been there from the start and working before? If the former it could be my theory is correct and it just clashes with some internal parts of the script in use, otherwise it is an interesting but annoying issue.

adler96

Reaction score
Hi, I am not sure I understand what do you mean by the script. Are you referring to the PHP runtime, or to my own .php code? Neither of them generates those files we see under icons. The icons folder has been there since forever, and was perfectly accessible before the migration to the new server.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
do you have both nightearth.com and nightearth.elementfx.com ??
these are 2 different domain names.
with "nightearth.elementfx.com" i see a 403 forbidden error.

im not sure if you can use
"CNAME nightearth.com nightearth.elementfx.com"

the script/code used on nightearth.com causes my browser to load
the page really slow.
is it possible your loading files from a linked page that was not
updated after migration ?
the icons folder shows ok though.

adler96

Reaction score
I don't use nightearth.elementfx.com directly; that is the hostname that I have assigned in x10hosting. All the files part of my site are under my account (other than external files in other domains of course).

The funny thing is that I have no idea where does that icons folder come from. That folder is not in my files.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
if i had to judge based on how long the page takes to load,
id guess the icons seem to be called from someplace else
and not your website directly.
like maybe a script on your website calls them from another website.

Ok so you say you dont use nightearth.elementfx.com directly,
im assuming you do the domain name nightearth.com ?
you say you dont know where the icons folder comes from?
could it be script generated?

the script im talking about is the one that generates this
https://www.nightearth.com/?@30.00006,-3.42001,-0.16709254662002015z&data=$bWVsMg==
when i type in https://www.nightearth.com

Status
Not open for further replies.