How to login to phpadmin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane1x10

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to take any login credentials I know about. Is there some default set I have not tried? Can it be reset?

My domain is kane1.com

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It should log you in automatically once you are logged into DirectAdmin.

There are two links, one under "extra features" and one under "account manager->mysql management", the later does seem to be more reliable.

It should take your hosting username together with the password you use to login to the main panel, though we have noticed that if the password has special chars they could have ended up mismatched. We are aware it is a problem, but with the normal login method (session based) the passwords do not need to match, and there are changes in the works to the backend so we haven't really looked too deeply in why they end up mismatched in a few cases.

kane1x10

Reaction score
The Mysql Management works OK. The PHPMyAdmin link under extra features does not. I need to change the password on a restored database. I don't see where I can do that in the Mysql Management screen. The things I am reading say I need to use the PHPMyAdmin screen to do it.

I have never stopped using this to login. https://x10hosting.com/sso/main. Should I get rid of that favorite link?

I logged out and saved the link for login to the Direct Admin panel. I see it is using my "x10Hosting ID" instead of my email for login and somehow the redirect from the old login was not passing it right. If I login directly to the Direct Admin panel using my x10Hosting ID, the login for PHPMyAdmin works.

I was using the wrong ID.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The sso login page is still very much what you should be using, that is the only place that will mark your account as active.

Under mysql management, click the database you want to change password for, you should then see what user it has attached and be able to change password for that.

kane1x10

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help Anna! You are always the best! :)

I will keep using the link for sso even though it does not seem to pass the right credentials to phpMyAdmin.

I was able to restore that database, and it caused the original php errors again! Something in it was corrupted by the last joomla patch I applied months ago.

I had no idea what the original password for that database was nor how to set it up in joomla so it could use a new one after I changed it. That was why I wanted phpMyAdmin. So I could get inside the databases and copy and paste tables and records.

I ended up copying only the tables I knew I needed, like content, to a new database. I did a manual FTP to restore all the files. I am now back up and working. I had some symbolic links that broke. I was able to fix those this morning.

I lost a single blog entry, so that is no big deal! Easy enough to retype it.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are back on track, hopefully it will go pain free forward now.

Status
Not open for further replies.