Can't access DirectAdmin - x12.x10hosting.com took too long to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

busworld

Reaction score
Hi

The last few times I've tried to access DirectAdmin, I just get the message, 'This site can't be reached - x12.x10hosting.com took too long to respond.'

It doesn't make any difference whether I try to access the control panel via https://x10hosting.com/sso/login or https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222, I still get the same message.

I'd be very grateful if someone could check to see whether my IP is blocked or provide an answer as to why this is now happening. (I had been able to access DirectAdmin no problem.)

Many thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The IP you did post the above from is not blocked by the server, and the server itself appears to work fine from my end.

Are you attempting to login from a device using a different IP? If so I'd need that IP so I can check if that is blocked.

busworld

Reaction score
The IP you did post the above from is not blocked by the server, and the server itself appears to work fine from my end.

Are you attempting to login from a device using a different IP? If so I'd need that IP so I can check if that is blocked.

Hi Anna

Sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner.

No, the computer I attempted to log in from used the same IP address as that of my original post. (Please note, however, that this reply is from a different IP address. I cannot access DirectAdmin at this IP either - I get a different error message here - but the IT guy here is apparently looking into why this might be. Still no news after several weeks though.)

Can I also just check that when I attempt to access DirectAdmin via https://x10hosting.com/sso/login that my login is still registered, even though I can't open the control panel. (I don't want to lose access to my website from what may appear to be me not logging in often enough.)

Best regards

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Judging from what I get from a whois lookup it looks like they both are workplace related, is that correct? If so it could be that they block traffic for non standard ports (this was common with cpanel as well, many workplaces and schools block ports they don't expect to need open).

As long as you login to the main login the account will be marked as being active, continuing to directadmin is not necessary for that.

busworld

Reaction score
Judging from what I get from a whois lookup it looks like they both are workplace related, is that correct? If so it could be that they block traffic for non standard ports (this was common with cpanel as well, many workplaces and schools block ports they don't expect to need open).

As long as you login to the main login the account will be marked as being active, continuing to directadmin is not necessary for that.

Yes, you're right Anna, both are workplace related. The network for one of my IP addresses - the one I used to be able to access DirectAdmin on - has recently been updated and would appear to no longer be allowing me access to it. As I mentioned in my earlier post, one of the IT guys here is looking into it, so hopefully he'll be able to sort it for me.

Many thanks for your help.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@busworld Please open a new thread if your issue has not been resolved. I'm closing this one since it hasn't been updated in several days.

Status
Not open for further replies.