Resolved Error 524

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagaurot

Reaction score
Good Day,

I wanna ask if they're an upgrade going on the server. My site is down the last day. Not sure why. Any help is highly appreciated.

Michael

Attachments

• screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    67 KB · Views: 4

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Please check your settings at Cloudflare. Your server is x15, so you must create an A record for 198.91.81.15 . Your last server (xo#.x10hosting.com) went offline in the last few days, so if your DNS was wrong, that would be the reason you're seeing it now.

tagaurot

Reaction score
Please guide me. I already added an A record for 198.91.81.15 in the DNS section. I'm not if it's correct to see attached image. it doesn't seem to work on my end.CLOUDFLARE DNS.png

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You also have the incorrect one still, this will confuse lookup as you could end up on either of the IPs as the enduser.
Remove the records for 198.98.81.7 that is the old server that is now taken offline.

In general, there should only be one IP noted for a domain.

tagaurot

Reaction score
I have removed the records for 198.98.81.7 which is the old server and it is giving the site "page isn’t working". I have attached an image. CLOUDFLARE NOT WORKING.png CLOUDFLARE NOTWORKING2.png

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
An http error 500 can be due to many things, but one of the more common is mismatched php version.

All accounts on the new servers are set to php version 7.2 by default, this will cause a problem if your code for example rely on the old and now removed mysql extension, it is replaced with more secure options: mysqli and PDO.

You have the option to switch to php version 5.6 which allows for use of the older mysql extension, though the recommendation would of course be to make sure your code is updated to use the more secure versions.

There may also be other causes, the error log may hold clues and can be found under "System Info & Files"

tagaurot

Reaction score
I could try switching to PHP version 5.6 which is I don't know-how and also I can't access direct admin. If there is other solutions that would be great. Thanks

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no reason for you to not be able to login to DirectAdmin right now, we recommend going through the main login at: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login

I'll take a quick look on your account.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
My conclusion is that the issue may be related to ninjafirewall plugin based on what was in your error log.

I also found and corrected the problem with it, file path has changed with DirectAdmin and it had a line in .htaccess that needed editing to match the current path.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you try clearing cookies and/or cache from your browser?

I know that Internet Explorer (which is kinda old) does not work well with DA, but judging from your image you are not using that and those that did report a problem had another error showing.

Optionally you may be able to login to the DA server directly, note though that doing so will not mark the account as active, the correct address would then be: https://x15.x10hosting.com:2222/

Username would be the same as here on the forum and password should be the same as you use for the main login.

tagaurot

Reaction score
A big thanks. I have tried clearing the cache still no luck. I have this issue since the migration start until now. am using the Chrome browser. But I can access using FTP client. Do I have to add some code to the .htaccess?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to use a plugin to block referrer header in Chrome would you? If you do you probably need to set x10 as an exception

A bit of googling says it would be enabled by default in the browser and the only way to block it is by that plugin.

I use chrome too and have no problems with logins at all.

tagaurot

Reaction score
Maybe but not sure. I use Mozilla right now and it works. Thanks for the support very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.