Resolved Unable to update to latest wordpress and plug-ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixietra

Reaction score
As the above, the process always results in a failure to update. Not sure if it is because of the following?

I was given an increased database allowance about 18 months ago (from 500GB to 1TB) and I have around 645GB used. When I now check on my control panel, it shows as 645GB used of 500GB. It appears that in the migration, my allowance has, for some reason, been reduced again and so with no capacity, I'm unable to effect the updates?

Whether this is linked or not, can I ask that you please revert the capacity allowance back to the 1TB previously given and if a separate issue, please provide any guidance as to what the failure to update issue may be?

Many thanks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
An admin can approve a disk space increase. I'm flagging your post for admin review.

The typical account starts at 500MB; 1TB is a lot of increase, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Please make sure you don't have any backup files, non-public images, movies, etc., or anything else forbidden by the TOS. An admin should be able to check on your account in a day or so for approval.

cybersav

Reaction score
Hello.

This issue is panel related. You might want to use the duplicator plugin to grab a backup of your websites when this is resolved.

lylex10h

Reaction score
phpMyAdmin --> select database --> Check tables having overhead --> With selected: --> Optimize table
This may free up some space. I was able to reduce my 8.9 MiB DB to 8.3 MiB. I'm so confused by your 645GB database on free, shared hosting.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
He has got the numbers right, but the units wrong (where he says GB it should be MB and where he says TB it should be GB)
As the above, the process always results in a failure to update. Not sure if it is because of the following?

I was given an increased database allowance about 18 months ago (from 500GB to 1TB) and I have around 645GB used. When I now check on my control panel, it shows as 645GB used of 500GB. It appears that in the migration, my allowance has, for some reason, been reduced again and so with no capacity, I'm unable to effect the updates?

Whether this is linked or not, can I ask that you please revert the capacity allowance back to the 1TB previously given and if a separate issue, please provide any guidance as to what the failure to update issue may be?

Many thanks.
I have set you back to the 1 GB you were granted prior. A lot users got accidentally downgraded in the migrations.

dixietra

Reaction score
He has got the numbers right, but the units wrong (where he says GB it should be MB and where he says TB it should be GB)

I have set you back to the 1 GB you were granted prior. A lot users got accidentally downgraded in the migrations.
Many thanks, I’ll have another try today. Yes you’re quite right, I had my values multiplied. I meant 500MB & 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.