Resolved 403 Error when viewing site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxwings

Reaction score
Whenever I go to my site I am getting a 403 forbidden error. Screenshot attached.

I found an article in the help center saying it could be an .htaccess issue or a few other things, but I haven't made any changes recently so I'm not sure that's the cause.

Any help on correcting this would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what information I can provide to help. My site is http://aki.x10host.com/

Attachments

• 2020-05-01 22_41_16-403 Forbidden.png
    2020-05-01 22_41_16-403 Forbidden.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 4

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You may not have done any changes, but the servers are changed and with that some things work differently.

Older versions of cPanel had directory listing turned on by default, and it that was the case when your account was setup you would have had it on by default. With DirectAdmin, it is turned off by default for everyone who does not have the directive to turn it on in the .htaccess for the affected folder.

Did you use to have a directory listing show all files/folder when going to your domain? If so you do need to make the change to .htaccess to add (without quotes): "Options +Indexes"

haxwings

Reaction score
Hey Anna, I did use directory listings. I'm happy to make the change to the .htaccess, but I am actually not sure where that file is in the directory. I will keep looking for it, but if you know the filepath to it that would help me out.

lylex10h

Reaction score
domains/yourdomain.tld/public_html . It should be right below the folders in the File Manager.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You might need to create it, but it would need to be in the folder that lylex10h mentioned. In the left pane of filemanager you have three buttons in the bottom, one allows you to create a file, just make sure you name it .htaccess

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@haxwings were you able to figure out how to create a working .htaccess file? Please let us know if you need any further assistance or this issue will be closed for inactivity. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.