Resolved Backups in DirectAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsbgrbsh

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that with CPanel there was an option to download/reupload a complete backup of my site (R1Soft/RSoft1/SoftR1 or similar?), but I can't find this anymore.

Is there a plan to implement something similar again soon or should I find another way of storing backups now?

(I just briefly broke my website and decided now would be a good time to save it!)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There are plans to integrate either R1soft or a similar backup feature, but when it will be sorted out and made available for users is not currently something that I know.

For now I'd suggest taking your own backups, which you should actually always do anyways.

Even when a backup option is implemented it is always wise to have your own set of backups, especially before you make any bigger changes. Free hosting would not have as many restore points as premium hosting so depending on the type of site it may be a noticeable rollback if any available backup is from the day before for instance.

lylex10h

Reaction score
In the File Manger, if you place your cursor over a folder (in the right column), select "Compress and download...". You backup your database by exporting it using phpMyAdmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.