Resolved Cannot access my site and my CPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kather25

Reaction score
For many months I've been trying to access my website and the cPanel.

When I go to my website, it says: "Apache is functioning normally."

When I go to cPanel, it says:
"Sign in Successful
Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.
An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry"

I've been trying to access it for months and I already changed my password. Someone help me please.

Thanks.

kather25

Reaction score
Here are the screenshots. Please help me I've been trying to access my cPanel and my domain for months.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-17 14.53.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-17 14.53.18.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2020-07-17 14.54.09.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-17 14.54.09.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 7

kather25

Reaction score
I was trying to access it in April many times but I cannot see my site and cPanel anymore. I wasn't aware of the number of days that I need to login my account. Can I still retrieve it?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
even though it might be possible, (at staff's discretion)
its unlikely after such a long period time waiting.

You said,
For many months I've been trying to access my website and the cPanel
also you said,
I was trying to access it in April many times but I cannot see my site and cPanel anymore.
Why wait until now to post about it when you had issues in April ?
you should have posted in April when you couldn't access your site.
just saying.

kather25

Reaction score
even though it might be possible, (at staff's discretion)
its unlikely after such a long period time waiting.

You said,

also you said,

Why wait until now to post about it when you had issues in April ?
you should have posted in April when you couldn't access your site.
just saying.

I wasn't aware of using forums and this is the first time I posted on a forum. I'm sorry.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Due to the automated suspension/terminations being halted we did run a manual purge in early March (it was started the 4th) and since your account did not have any logins the the 60 days prior to the purge it was terminated as inactive.

Due to there being no warning emails as those are part of the automated, currently halted, system we said we'd this time allow for a restore if requested within reasonable time.

Initially we said cutoff for restores would be one week, meaning in reality we should not restore anyone past Sunday 15th, though we extended it a little bit extra, but it was said that the last cutoff date would be on Sunday March 22nd.

You're lucky though that the restore is still possible for your account.
I'm running the restore now and the account should be good to go in a few minutes.

kather25

Reaction score
Due to the automated suspension/terminations being halted we did run a manual purge in early March (it was started the 4th) and since your account did not have any logins the the 60 days prior to the purge it was terminated as inactive.

Due to there being no warning emails as those are part of the automated, currently halted, system we said we'd this time allow for a restore if requested within reasonable time.

Initially we said cutoff for restores would be one week, meaning in reality we should not restore anyone past Sunday 15th, though we extended it a little bit extra, but it was said that the last cutoff date would be on Sunday March 22nd.

You're lucky though that the restore is still possible for your account.
I'm running the restore now and the account should be good to go in a few minutes.

I still cannot access the cPanel and when I open my domain, the message is "403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-19 10.45.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-19 10.45.15.png
    44 KB · Views: 5

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding the domain showing a 403 error:
Do you have an index file (ie index.html, index.php)? If you have a designated landing page with a different name you'll have to tell the server you want that to load by default, or change its name (and any links going to that file). To tell the server that your landing page should be the one called home.php (as an example) you would need to edit/create .htaccess and add the following (without quotes): "DirectoryIndex home.php". Change home.php to match your file.

Were you previously having the domain show a directory listing?
If you did you will now need to edit/create .htaccess and add the following line (without quotes): "Options +Indexes". This is due to the directorly listing being turned of by default for security.

If none of the above works, let me know and I'll investigate further.

As for not being able to login, please try clearing cookies, specifically session cookies related to x10hosting, as well as clear browser cache. This usually helps when the proper login keys are not created, which is what is preventing you from loging in through the panel.

kather25

Reaction score
Regarding the domain showing a 403 error:
Do you have an index file (ie index.html, index.php)? If you have a designated landing page with a different name you'll have to tell the server you want that to load by default, or change its name (and any links going to that file). To tell the server that your landing page should be the one called home.php (as an example) you would need to edit/create .htaccess and add the following (without quotes): "DirectoryIndex home.php". Change home.php to match your file.

Were you previously having the domain show a directory listing?
If you did you will now need to edit/create .htaccess and add the following line (without quotes): "Options +Indexes". This is due to the directorly listing being turned of by default for security.

If none of the above works, let me know and I'll investigate further.

As for not being able to login, please try clearing cookies, specifically session cookies related to x10hosting, as well as clear browser cache. This usually helps when the proper login keys are not created, which is what is preventing you from loging in through the panel.

Where will I add the .htacess?

Already cleared the cookies and browser cache, still cannot login to cPanel.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you having issues with https://x10hosting.com/sso/login ?
what error messages, if any do you get when you try to login?

The htaccess file goes in the root/domains/your-domain/public_html folder.

kather25

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-21 12.47.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-21 12.47.51.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2020-07-21 12.47.35.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-21 12.47.35.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 4

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
if im not mistaken that's a sign that your ip is blocked.
@Anna or another staff member would need to check for you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
@spacresx If the IP is blocked, they wont be able to see their site either.

@kather25 Did you clear cookies/cache after I restored your account, or before? If you did it before you may need to do it again, as a cookie with login information would have been created on the panel but not have matching information on the server that would actually log you in (DirectAdmin uses session keys that are created when you login to the panel, assuming there is an account to send that key to as well). What browser are you using? We know older Internet Explorer don't work well for instance, but there could be others we don't know about, though most modern should work.

kather25

Reaction score
After many tries, I can now access my panel and my website. Thank you very much for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.