Resolved Problems with databases from migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydna20090

Reaction score
Hi, I encountered problems accessing my databases from my sites from the migration times. I have been waiting if this was resolved but it seems not.

In my own custom CMS I have an error accessing the MySQL connection and in the wordpress I get:

Error establishing a database connection

I have seen that I have localhost as server name in both cases and the passwords have been reset to ensure no problems during the migration.

Can it be any error somewhere?

Thanks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Check your configuration. Your server must be "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ ydna20090
you mentioned ...
In my own custom CMS I have an error accessing the MySQL connection and in the wordpress I get:
may i ask why you would have a "custom CMS" between your wordpress and your MySQL database? (if i understand you correctly)

I've always understood wordpress to be classified as a CMS,
and I'm just curious why you would do it like that.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
By the looks something happened to the password during migrations, I updated the password for your database user to match what was in the config file of wordpress, and I do now get the blog properly without error.

ydna20090

Reaction score
Check your configuration. Your server must be "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"
Thanks, for you reply, I have checked in both cases that the server is localhost. In the case of the custom PHP access I 'echoed' the variables to check what is sent to the sql connection and indeed it is localhost. Can it be another think?

ydna20090

Reaction score
@ ydna20090
you mentioned ...

may i ask why you would have a "custom CMS" between your wordpress and your MySQL database? (if i understand you correctly)

I've always understood wordpress to be classified as a CMS,
and I'm just curious why you would do it like that.
Hi, there is no secret.
I have a customized web based in a custom DB and also another web that is a wordpress based web. No more than that but I have the same problem (I think) with both, but having different configuration files and architectures.

ydna20090

Reaction score
By the looks something happened to the password during migrations, I updated the password for your database user to match what was in the config file of wordpress, and I do now get the blog properly without error.
Now, it seems that indeed the wordpress web works, but, I think I didn't understand what you did to do the same for the other site (it doesn't work yet) because I think the problem looks to be the same.

Many thanks!

ydna20090

Reaction score
Now, it seems that indeed the wordpress web works, but, I think I didn't understand what you did to do the same for the other site (it doesn't work yet) because I think the problem looks to be the same.

Many thanks!
Hi, it seems that there were 2 problems coexisting, the one with the passwords and that PHP changed so my code was not working properly. I found out what was wrong and I will try to update the PHP code to the current one.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.