Resolved Multiple issues, starting with unable to install plugins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskol

Reaction score
Hello, I have been searching since last night, and have not found the answers that work.
My site prompted me to update my theme. I did, and the site crashed. I am rebuilding my site, so I just deleted it and decided to start over. Since then, I have had issues reinstalling from scratch.
1. PHP 7.3 does not work with WordPress installation. Reverting it to PHP 7.2 does work, I do not know if this is important.
2. Installing the newest WordPress works on 7.2 PHP, but if I try and install my plugins I get this error: An error occurred while installing Contact Form 7: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_MISSING_FILE (-4) : Missing archive file '/tmp/contact-form-7.5.2-XLRDMJ.tmp'. I have found the "solution" of adding a Temp folder and adding a line to my config file, but this does not work.
3. On my control panel on the far right, where it says "Plugins" there is a number 1, that looks like a pending update of some sort, but I do not know what it is, hor how to update it. I do not know if this is relevant.

Thanks for any help!

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you try downloading the wordpress install or just use softalicious install?
some people had issues using the one in the softalicious app.

you may not find much support for wordpress here unless other people use it.
you may be better off looking for answers on the wordpress support site.
or on google.

i dont use wordpress personally, ive heard of to many issues with it.
but if you use the full install from wordpress it should work by default.
as far as using your own plugins with it that can be a problem if your
plugins dont work or they are compromised.

chriskol

Reaction score
Thanks, I used the app to install. I will try and do it from scratch.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I have seen issues with installing plugins due to restrictions on user accounts. It may be easier to upload the plugin via FTP or DirectAdmin and then install it manually. You can search for instructions how to install plugins manually depending on your version of the software.

chriskol

Reaction score
When I deleted the old install, I did it wrong and deleted all the contents of my root folder. Can someone tell me the path and hierarchy to put my wordpress files into? root>domains>mydomain>public_html doesnt work, although I didn't put a .x10hosting.com at the end of the folder. Pretty much hoping someone can tell me cause trial and error isn't working :)

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
the proper path should be root/domains/your domain/public_html/
then your files go in the public_html folder.
note:
you may need to add a "temp" or "tmp" folder depending on what scripts you use.
some scripts have been known to require a temp or tmp folder.

the folder layout can different depending on how you want your script to be.
example:
installing it to the default "public_html will make it www.yoursite.com as default
where using a folder like "mysite" in the public_html will make the site at
www.yoursite.com/mysite/ as the default.

also with x10 free accounts you do not have https so you have to make sure
your script is configured to use http only. if it tries to use https it fails to work.

you may also need to create a .htaccess file in the public_html.
and include the following:

Options +Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php
IndexIgnore *

the DirectoryIndex can be index.php or index.html

chriskol

Reaction score
Thanks. Is my domain folder called "mydomain" or "mydomain.x10hosting.com" ?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
it is most likely mydomain.x10hosting.com as mine is mydomain.x10.bz
it is the same as your website domain name.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You are lacking a whole lot of folders in your account, which could be due to two things. One being something went wrong with the transfer of your account, or two you deleted a bunch of necessary folders.

All in all, the lack of certain system folders would most definitely contribute to the issues you are having. The domains folders are also incorrect as they are right now, those should never be renamed or altered in any way.

Do you have any files in the account that you would need to backup? To sort this out the best course of action would likely be to redo the transfer of your account from our backup that was taken just before we took down the old servers.

chriskol

Reaction score
You are lacking a whole lot of folders in your account, which could be due to two things. One being something went wrong with the transfer of your account, or two you deleted a bunch of necessary folders.

All in all, the lack of certain system folders would most definitely contribute to the issues you are having. The domains folders are also incorrect as they are right now, those should never be renamed or altered in any way.

Do you have any files in the account that you would need to backup? To sort this out the best course of action would likely be to redo the transfer of your account from our backup that was taken just before we took down the old servers.

Anna, I would LOVE that. Basically what happened was I did an update to my theme, and after that the whole thing crashed. I figured that I would just rebuild from scratch, but in my trial and error I did delete folders, in error following a bad tutorial, or following a tutorial badly.
There is nothing at all that I need backed up. If you can redo the transfer that would be excellent!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have redone the transfer for you.

Let me know if there's something that's not working properly.

Also keep in mind to only make changes to files/folders inside public_html (/domains/domain.x10host.com/public_html)

chriskol

Reaction score
Edit: Both of these were issued caused by me. I went into my wordpress settings and changed my site URL and now both issues are gone.

After you restored my account from the backup everything was working fine as far as the website functioning however now I have two other issues and I do not know if they are related.
1. My domain is 911computerguy.com, and is redirected to my x10hosting.com site. The redirect works, but the visitor now sees the x10 address in the url bar, rather then the site it was redirected from.
2. When I login to xhosting.com, it accepts my login, but fails to take me to cpanel. It says it will, then reports an error and stops.
How do I fix this?
Thanks!

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
1. You can create a redirect various ways, using javascript, html, or .htaccess. You should do a permanent redirect using any of these methods, preferably .htaccess
2. Clear your browser cache. Let us know if that doesn't work.

chriskol

Reaction score
"My domain is 911computerguy.com, and is redirected to my x10hosting.com site. The redirect works, but the visitor now sees the x10 address in the URL bar, rather then the site it was redirected from."
This was fixed by going into my WordPress settings.

"When I login to xhosting.com, it accepts my login but fails to take me to Cpanel. It says it will, then reports an error and stops."

This is not fixed. It says this right after logging in:

Sign in Successful

Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.

An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry

I have a separate shortcut, that does let me log in, I just don't know if that will go away someday leaving me without Direct Admin Access.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It won't go away, but using ANYTHING except https://x10hosting.com/sso/main will get you suspended for inactivity.

I'm requesting an admin see if there's something causing the access not to transfer from the SSO to DA

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry about the delay in response.

Can you try logging in through the panel now? You may need to clear cookies, session cookies related to x10 specifically, before it works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.