Did your site go down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersav

Reaction score
Hello.

Both of my websites went down. Please take a look at the screenshots.

This happened when I was working with site admin.

This is one of the main things holding me back form buying premium is the uncertainty of an outage or stability issue.

Screenshot_124.png
Screenshot_125.png
-CJ

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Premium and free aren't comparable. They use different hardware, with different software, different clientele, different staff, different ticket system, and different limits. You have cPanel on paid and DirectAdmin on free. It's like comparing a VPS to shared hosting. They do the same thing, but they are completely different on a fundamental level.

Your frustration is 100% valid, however.

And, you don't get me helping on paid hosting, so weigh the pros and cons.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the screenshots are telling me. I think the status page is a white screen of death? Do you have any errors in the error log? Does it happen if you use a different device like a phone?

cybersav

Reaction score
This happened when I was editing a page with sitepad. I clicked something like youtube or something it it infinity redirected. I was able to repopen the panel but soon after it stopped working. Im assuming it could have caused it. It spammed me with "Youtube.com refused to connect" but I immediately closed the page and restarted the editing. Stepad is seperatly installed in the normal domain and the status subdomain. Both went down. This tells me it was caused elsewhere unless the SQL is connected. I did use separate SQL. Maybe domain and subdomains share directly or sitepad does? Like a folder.

xfsgpr76

Reaction score
It looks like something has changed at your registrar's website. Your domain collierlee.com is no longer pointing to xhosting so all your are getting is standard webpage that you get when the owner of the domain hasn't created a website yet.

I know you have a website at x10host but your domain must point to it otherwise it doesn't work. Did you make any changes at your registrar's website or did you login to check something and inadvertently changed something else?

Perhshaps you can post a screenshot of how does it look at your registrar's website. I am assuming you didn't make any changes on x10 domain/add on domain settings.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't find much on Sitepad. It uses PHP so every time you refresh the page, it spawns a new process. So even if it crashed, closing the window and opening it again would cause it to reload completely. Since PHP doesn't do anything client side, it could be a javascript problem. If you open your browser's developer console, you may find some javascript error that's causing the page to stop responding. Sometimes it could be something like pop up windows being blocked, ad blockers, etc., or it could be specific to a browser or browser version.

cybersav

Reaction score
I can't find much on Sitepad. It uses PHP so every time you refresh the page, it spawns a new process. So even if it crashed, closing the window and opening it again would cause it to reload completely. Since PHP doesn't do anything client side, it could be a javascript problem. If you open your browser's developer console, you may find some javascript error that's causing the page to stop responding. Sometimes it could be something like pop up windows being blocked, ad blockers, etc., or it could be specific to a browser or browser version.
It appears you are right. I ran a reset and they appear up an running.

Yet again I thank you for your time and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.