Resolved My website does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphotog

Reaction score
My website won't load since the migration to Direct Admin. Can anyone help, please? I get this message:
This page isn’t working
raphotography.x10.bz didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
maybe the is issue is caused because of the vpn.
especially if it uses proxies to connect. or an issue with talktalk.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Depends on the block type. If they're blocking DNS, then use a different DNS provider such as Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). If they're firewalling x10's servers, then you'd have to go through a proxy or VPN. X10's login service does not like VPNs and proxies, so that will probably get you banned eventually. Hopefully it's just a DNS block.

raphotog

Reaction score
Depends on the block type. If they're blocking DNS, then use a different DNS provider such as Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). If they're firewalling x10's servers, then you'd have to go through a proxy or VPN. X10's login service does not like VPNs and proxies, so that will probably get you banned eventually. Hopefully it's just a DNS block.
This seems to make more sense than talktalk’s efforts. Miraculously it’s working now without the vpn! That explains why I couldn’t log in to x10’s control panel with the vpn active. Thanks for the replies I’ve received, this one in particular - very helpful. TalkTalk says they haven’t changed anything!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It sounds like a DNS issue from your ISP. There are advantages to using a 3rd party DNS provider. However, you should check with your ISP and your networking equipment to see what is supported. Generally, changing your DNS settings on your router will provide the best experience. OpenDNS and Google are two options, but there are many more.

raphotog

Reaction score
It sounds like a DNS issue from your ISP. There are advantages to using a 3rd party DNS provider. However, you should check with your ISP and your networking equipment to see what is supported. Generally, changing your DNS settings on your router will provide the best experience. OpenDNS and Google are two options, but there are many more.
Thank you again for this. Is changing the DNS setting something I can do myself? If so, how is this done please, as I am a complete novice with this?

cybersav

Reaction score
X10hosting cannot work with any VPN, it blocks your sign in.

If your having issues delegating DNS you can use the fast free public cloud flare servers.

DNS: 1.1.1.1

Alternative DNS: 1.0.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.