Resolved FTP 530 Authentication Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenofn

Reaction score
I'm waiting for confirmation from the admin team, but it looks like everything is working. Please clear your cookies and internet cache and try logging in again. Please report any issues here.

Yes, thanks guys, it allowed to log in now :)

Unfortunately tho, FileZilla still returns "530 Login authentication failed" on my password.
It is the same one that I use to log in via the website, so I don't understand the issue there...

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks guys, it allowed to log in now :)

Unfortunately tho, FileZilla still returns "530 Login authentication failed" on my password.
It is the same one that I use to log in via the website, so I don't understand the issue there...
What are you using as the username? And what is the host you have in filezilla?

FTP connection will NOT take the email address as username, it will only accept the actual username for the DirectAdmin account.

sevenofn

Reaction score
What are you using as the username? And what is the host you have in filezilla?

FTP connection will NOT take the email address as username, it will only accept the actual username for the DirectAdmin account.

It won't accept the password:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: USER sevenofn
Response: 331 User sevenofn OK. Password required
Command: PASS ************
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I've used FileZilla years ago w/o issue. It was the "xo7.x10hosting.com" server back then.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It won't accept the password:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: USER sevenofn
Response: 331 User sevenofn OK. Password required
Command: PASS ************
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I've used FileZilla years ago w/o issue. It was the "xo7.x10hosting.com" server back then.
I think I know what happened, some passwords did not properly pass over to DirectAdmin (but since the website login uses something called login key rather then actual password when opening DirectAdmin that login still works).

There are two parts to this, the sync that should occur on each login only works if your password actually conforms to what DirectAdmin equires (this will be addressed properly in the new backend), but also that the synchronization code strips some of the special characters from the password.

What usually works is to reset the password using the forgotten password link on the website login page, for now maybe not use too many special characters, and also mix uppercase, lowercase and numbers (DA requires that mix).

Status
Not open for further replies.