Resolved Can send email but not receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragond

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago (Beginning of October) I stopped receiving emails. I did not change any settings. I can still send emails.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you aware of any bounceback, or other error message, that a sender would get?
Have you tried sending to yourself from a third party mail service (make sure to give it a bit more text then just "testing" and similar as that could get the message caught up in spam preventions)?

As far as I can see there's nothing settings wise that would prevent you from receiving emails. On what email address are you unable to receive emails? (pm me or give me a good hint as I can check the account for what email addresses you have).

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please test incoming mail now?

paragond

Reaction score
Can you please test incoming mail now?

Sorry, I was not able to check my messages recently. Since you asked me to check if my incoming mail was working on Thursday I have started getting mail again.

What was the issue? I would like to know what cause my email to stop getting incoming mail for almost 3 weeks so I can prevent the issue again in the future. Was it something I did?

Thank you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a problem with the MX record. The cause is not something I'm entirely sure of, but there was a couple others affected as well so it may have been server related.

Status
Not open for further replies.