Resolved More disk space needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

craighoo

Reaction score
My site is down just now, but it happened when I was trying to upload a large amount of files.
My site has been small for a long time but I want to add 3gb of image files (my own personal photos).
Is that possible on free hosting?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Personal photo galleries aren't allowed. For example, you could have a website with professional photos that everyone can see, but not a hidden website with photos only you can see (which is basically just file hosting and not the intended use of x10hosting free).

I can ask an admin to see if they'll approve, but if they see a large amount of personal photos without an explanation, it would likely result in the request being denied and/or a suspension.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
From ToS:
Personal Image and Video Galleries
Personal galleries are limited to 500MB of disk space for images and videos.

For what you want, free hosting is not the answer. For it to be ToS compliant image space need to be less then 500mb and they need to be viewable by the public on your site.

craighoo

Reaction score
All of the photos are fully intended for the public to see, and the photos I have uploaded so far are already available for the public to see.
They are 3d images which have a browser viewer that allows different types of 3d viewing eg. with or without 3d glasses.
The whole purpose of these is for people who are interested in learning about and viewing 3d images.
I mentioned they were my own personal photos to let you know that I have full ownership of them.

They are not what I would consider normal personal photos eg. holiday snaps etc.

Also on my website I have details about my own 3d camera rig and how I made it.

You can view the 3d images here :
my website name dot com/3d/1st500/index_m.html

Click on a thumbnail and the 3d viewer will open.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That'd still be a personal photo gallery in the sense that the images themselves are the main purpose and not there to enhance your written articles. So they'd still be limited to a max of 500 mb space.

Status
Not open for further replies.