Resolved Revert to x10host domain

montvil3

Reaction score
I no longer want to use my GoDaddy domain (montville-weather.com). How can I revert to using x10hosting's free domain that I had (montvilleweather.x10host.com)? I thought I could create a new domain using montvilleweather.x10host.com, but it says it already exists on 192.91.80.155. Any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i may be wrong but since you had it registered with godaddy,
you may need to release it/unlock it from them first.

Then add the ip address to it for your x10 account.
so it points to the x10hosted account.
staff should be able to provide you with the correct ip address
for your server.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
i may be wrong but since you had it registered with godaddy,
you may need to release it/unlock it from them first.

Then add the ip address to it for your x10 account.
so it points to the x10hosted account.
staff should be able to provide you with the correct ip address
for your server.

He's not talking about the domain he has with godaddy, he wants to move FROM that back to the original .x10host.com domain he had

I no longer want to use my GoDaddy domain (montville-weather.com). How can I revert to using x10hosting's free domain that I had (montvilleweather.x10host.com)? I thought I could create a new domain using montvilleweather.x10host.com, but it says it already exists on 192.91.80.155. Any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You should now be able to reuse that domain, appears at it had not cleared properly from our name servers when you changed to the .com domain initially.

You can either create a new domain in your account (assuming you have not reached the domain limit) or use the option to rename the .com domain if you want to get rid of it but have the same content on the .x10host.com domain.

Just make sure you change any script settings accordingly prior so you do not accidentally lock yourself out with a redirect to the .com after removing the domain from your account.

montvil3

Reaction score
I renamed the domain back to montvilleweather.x10host.com and changed the 'A' type ip addresses to the original address. When I go to the site, it tells me 'Apache is functioning normally' or if I try going to different directories, 'Safari can't connect to the server "www.montvilleweather.x10host.com".

I did change the base url in my config file back from https://montville-weather.com to http://montvilleweather.x10host.com. That did not help. Not sure what I could be doing wrong. It is refusing to connect.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You should not have changed the IP after adding the domain, the IP you had seen in the error message is NOT one related with your server specifically, it is however related to our nameserver setup.

I have changed the IP to what it should be, it may take a few for the propagation to come through properly.

You only modify IPs if you want to point some part of the domain (a subdomain for instance) to a third party location