problem, unable to resolve second site

isilx10m

Reaction score
Hi, first of all I want to thanks for the great service of x10hosting, I already have a domain for a while on godaddy without any problem and very happy with the hosting service, since I start a new project I try to add new domain on my same main account (as showed on the capture), I purchase a new domain in namecheap.com, and update the dns to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com (capture include), the change was made on 27 may (4 days ago), since this change my site as been unavailable, and checking on https://www.whatsmydns.net is always on red after the first day, I figured I making something wrong, but Im no advance user, I hope anyone can help me for fix my site, the domain is www.upacars.com , sorry for my bad english, and thanks for take the time for read this post :)

Attachments

• Screenshot at May 31 08-41-33.png
    Screenshot at May 31 08-41-33.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot at May 31 08-46-47.png
    Screenshot at May 31 08-46-47.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 6

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
your website works from http://www.upacars.x10.mx/
you need to go to your namecheap account and make sure your dns settings
points to your x10 website.

Note any DNS changing will reset the propagation process.
so every time you edit.change something it takes 24 to 72 hours to change.
so if changes are made today it will be as long as thursday/friday.
(possibly even saturday) before its done and working if no errors.

isilx10m

Reaction score
your website works from http://www.upacars.x10.mx/
you need to go to your namecheap account and make sure your dns settings
points to your x10 website.

Note any DNS changing will reset the propagation process.
so every time you edit.change something it takes 24 to 72 hours to change.
so if changes are made today it will be as long as thursday/friday.
(possibly even saturday) before its done and working if no errors.

Thanks for your fast reply, I already change the dns on namecheap (maybe I made it wrong), I include a capture of the site with the dns updated on the original message, as you said the site must be already updated because have more than 72 hours of the change, I use the dns: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com are corrects this dns? or I need to include and extra dot at the end?, also if all are correct what do you recommend, delete the dns and try again?, thanks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
there are several types of DNS records. If your registrar allows NS type records, then you can use ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. If they require A records, then you have to provide the IP address of your server. Your server is x13, so your IP address is 198.91.81.13 .

The trailing . on the end of a host name is for when you have DNS records that aren't relative to your host name. https://serverfault.com/questions/1...trailing dot tells the,will append it for you.

isilx10m

Reaction score
there are several types of DNS records. If your registrar allows NS type records, then you can use ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. If they require A records, then you have to provide the IP address of your server. Your server is x13, so your IP address is 198.91.81.13 .

The trailing . on the end of a host name is for when you have DNS records that aren't relative to your host name. https://serverfault.com/questions/18113/dns-trailing-periods#:~:text=The trailing dot tells the,will append it for you.

Thanks for the quick reply, I already check on my registrar and works with NS type records as showed on (capture 1), then I double check the dns input are correct and all seem to be fine (capture 2), but the page still unreachable, if I check on whatismydns.net for see about propagation I can see some records with the correct DNS, but only fews (capture 3), for more than 6 days, what can do?, what Im doing wrong?, please help !, many thanks :)

Attachments

• capture1.png
    capture1.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 3
  • capture2.png
    capture2.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 4
  • captura3.png
    captura3.png
    566.3 KB · Views: 5

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
have you checked your A records to make sure the ip address is the same
as what garrettroyce suggested ?

isilx10m

Reaction score
have you checked your A records to make sure the ip address is the same
as what garrettroyce suggested ?

Yes the ip is correct, you can see in the first post second capture, all seems to be fine, I think the problem is direct with namecheap and don't propage the dns after the update, I don't know what more can do, thanks for the reply and have a good day.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you should wait for support to reply.
*edited*

a previous suggestion of mine likely would not work for you.
see the reply from Anna to resolve your issue.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I can see the domain you are trying to resolve is not attached to the account.
It needs to be a pointer (alias for the x10 domain) or added as a separate domain, without doing so it will not be configured on the server and any requests will fail as the server itself would not know what folder it should show the contents of.

isilx10m

Reaction score
From what I can see the domain you are trying to resolve is not attached to the account.
It needs to be a pointer (alias for the x10 domain) or added as a separate domain, without doing so it will not be configured on the server and any requests will fail as the server itself would not know what folder it should show the contents of.

you are totally right, the problem is indeed the pointer, I try to create one for the domain but I get the error:

Cannot Create Another Domain Pointer
You have already reached your assigned limit

I figure is only one for account, thanks for the help and the time taken for respond, for now I think I will wait until the first domain is no longer needed for remove the pointer and set to the new domain, seems to be my best option, thanks again and have a great day.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
do you have existing pointers? you should be allowed a new one.
your initial x10 domain does not count as a pointer.

you could also try the "add new domain" option that was mentioned.