1 GB web-space instead of unlimited space, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bexamfix

Reaction score
I newly registered with X10hosting and instead of getting unlimited space I only got 1 GB. Why is that like this?

I have so many projects in mind, and I am going to need a considerable amount of web-space. What should I do?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's mostly about resource allocation planning. You can still get unlimited space if you need it; see the Disk Space Policy Change thread in the News and Announcements forum for details. Keep in mind that media galleries (video/photo) are restricted to 1GB maximum. ("Content" and background images do no count as gallery space, provided that you're not obviously trying to skirt the gallery restrictions.)

bexamfix

Reaction score
It's mostly about resource allocation planning. You can still get unlimited space if you need it; see the Disk Space Policy Change thread in the News and Announcements forum for details. Keep in mind that media galleries (video/photo) are restricted to 1GB maximum. ("Content" and background images do no count as gallery space, provided that you're not obviously trying to skirt the gallery restrictions.)

No, I am not trying to skirt anything. I am that kind of citizen that when it comes to respecting the laws which are for my own benefit I never fail to do as the law says. No, I will do my best to keep the TOS in mind. Additionally, I am only trying to run a couple of websites which are mostly some different projects, and in them there would not be any kind of file sharing or image hosting or galleries. So, how can I get my unlimited space please?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Unmetered Requirements
- Account must be one week old
- You must be using at least 50% of your storage space
- You must have a working website online that falls inline with our terms of service

1. Do you qualify?
2. The system does not show a free hosting account linked to this Forum account. You should make the request using the Forum account associated with the free hosting account.
3. Please note that it is "unmetered", not "unlimited". Unmetered means there are no hard and fast limits, but abuse will not be tolerated.

Last edited:

bexamfix

Reaction score
1. Do you qualify?
2. The system does not show a free hosting account linked to this Forum account. You should make the request using the Forum account associated with the free hosting account.
3. Please note that it is "unmetered", not "unlimited". Unmetered means there are no hard and fast limits, but abuse will not be tolerated.
1. No, not yet. But I suspect that due to the number of the people who are waiting this website to start operating, I will soon become a qualified member.
2. Can you please tell me how can I link a forum account and a hosting account so I will cause no further headaches and mistakes?
3. I don't understand what you mean? You mean that the only thing that could limit your website and webspace is abuse, or you mean that it is only unmetered but some limitations might apply? can please explain more?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.