1 quick question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legostylist

Reaction score
I have just sign up for a Corporate website, with x10hosting. I have made my first MySQL in this account. I also have made a FTP account.

I downloaded the files i needed to make my own phpBB 2 Forums. I have all the files, on my computer. I was wondering how do I put them onto my website, and how do I make a page for the forums?

I would love to find out ASAP :cool:

Last edited:

nexhunter

Reaction score
*mysql*
1.make sure you have added mysql.x10hosting.com into the remote mysql thing in cpanel
2. make sure you give your mysql username permsion for the database
*installation*
1.k you got to download a ftp client i recommend smartftp since even after the trial has expired you still can use it.
2. create a directory (or if that will be your main site skip to #3)
3. upload the files into public_html/*
4(a). after upload is finished set file permissions to 777 ( i don't know which files you have to give the 777 permission for but i would do all just incase.)
4(b).go to your domain and you should be redirected to the phpbb2 installer
5. fill in all the correct info with the mysql host being mysql.x10hosting.com
6. after installtion is succesfull delete the install folder by using the ftp client
7. then go to your forum and then have fun building your forum

on step 3 the * is for if you have decided to put the files into a different directory

Last edited:

Legostylist

Reaction score
it didn't work, I set every single thing that I uploaded to 777 permissions, and it just said:

Welcome to your new x10Hosting.com hosting account. You may replace this index.html with your new website. Please remember the best way to receieve support is through the x10Hosting Forums.

Xemnas

Reaction score
Delete the index.html file in your public_html folder, since it's still there and is taking precedence over index.php.

Legostylist

Reaction score
I have got up to the install page....

I followed the tut on phpbb.com

But im getting this message after i have fillled out the page.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/wii2/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/wii2/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/wii2/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

What can i do to fix it?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Files can't be set to 777. Please reset the permissions to 755 or less.

curt15

Reaction score
Why not use Fantatisco in the CPanel options to install it.

Go to your control panel, choose Fantastico, its a blue smiley face and then choose PHPBB2, it does all of the hard work for you.

admintwo

Reaction score
Why not use Fantatisco in the CPanel options to install it.

Go to your control panel, choose Fantastico, its a blue smiley face and then choose PHPBB2, it does all of the hard work for you.

Ya just do that....

to install your own template....thats a different story....ask if u want that...info...though I am not the one to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.