1 Week Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reasonfalling

Reaction score
As stated in the terms of service

7. Inactivity
Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 10-day period and then terminated. All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting forums located at http://forums.x10hosting.com at least ONCE every 31 days. Accounts must also have a working website within one week.

Um... what exactly is a working website? I know that sounds stupid but it's the best way to ask it. How does one classify when a website is at a working point?

I guess my biggest issues with this is that I can't build what I need in one week. Or at least it won't look very professional yet. I'm in finals week right now so I'll be working on the site sporadically. It may not be done and "working" until a month from now. Even then would the site even be considered working?

I plan on using the site to house my school online projects, display my Livejournal layouts for the live view (which is just what the website would look like if it was applied to their account), a general blog, css example list/tutorial, and other random things that amuse me. Since my time is not always consistent I can't build a website that quickly. It doesn't help that I'm still learning some of the other aspects of html since I'm not used to having to write it from scratch (I design layouts for Livejournal so I never needed to really learn how to write it).

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what should I do about this term issue?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
That term just means that x10hosting doesn't want to see their already there default index.html after a week. Here's how to change it satisfactorily. Go into your cPanel, then file manager. Click to edit index.html, delete everything inside of it, and then type in a simple "Coming Soon!" or "This site is under construction." Click save and there you go! As soon as you get your site made (on your own terms and time), then just replace that index.html with the new one.

Last edited:

Reasonfalling

Reaction score
Ah thank god. I already did that much (to an extent hahaha). So when they see that I at least changed some of it they'll be happy with it??

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, they will be happy after you have put up an index page. Be sure to login to the forums every month though..

Status
Not open for further replies.