403 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbgfgfx1

Reaction score
So, I was trying to create a thread listing the song choices for an upcoming party (the message board is for the communal planning of the party) and received the following error message:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mybb/newthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I can still post anything else to the board, but not the song title thread. From what I've read online, this has to do with x10's spam filter and I'm supposed to contact support/post on the forum to get it resolved. So here I am.

~ Frazzled

p.s. I did double check and all the files had the proper permissions on my end.

Last edited:

sbgfgfx1

Reaction score
It's been over two weeks; could I please get a response from staff. Thank you.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry this got missed the first time; I've made a change to mod_security for your account. Can you try it again and confirm if the error still appears? If it does, try to reply as close to the same time as the error appears as possible, it'll help us narrow down the log files further.

NightOwlStud

Reaction score
Sorry this got missed the first time; I've made a change to mod_security for your account. Can you try it again and confirm if the error still appears? If it does, try to reply as close to the same time as the error appears as possible, it'll help us narrow down the log files further.
@Livewire please help me with my hosting site http://shoppe.x10host.com/4TH YEAR/FINDFRENTS/ it has the same error as well

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately since when my initial reply was to this topic, our procedures have changed which prevents us from making changes to mod_security, primarily due to server abuse/security concerns; you would need to upgrade to Premium to have more control over mod_security.

Status
Not open for further replies.