406 Not Acceptable...

darylcarpo

Reaction score
Today I was trying to visit my website it appears that the browser showed that: "406 Not Acceptable"....
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_mono/1.9 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at wvm.x10hosting.com Port 80 Is there somethning wrong in the sever? Thanks x10hosting.com

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe, try deleting your .htaccess file, and see if that helps. Check the permissions for your site homepage, should be 644 or higher. Check to see if HTTP is up on your server (x10hosting.com/account) and look in the News/Announcements section for server problems. Otherwise, you should take this up with Free-Hosting support =)

Last edited:

darylcarpo

Reaction score
This is my server status: Server NameCossacks.x10

IP Address216.245.203.58

Server Uptime

Server Load

Apache HTTP: Offline

MySQL: Online

Exim: Offline

cPanel: Offline

FTP: Offline

My HttP is in offline status, what I'm gonna try to do?

dickey

Reaction score
It is probably due to the server transfers. If you want to make sure try to login to your account management. If it shows you a funny error. just wait for maybe a maximum of 24 hours. hehe (I really don't know for sure) It might be up in a few hours or so.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Well, then it is a server issue. Never seen a 406 error because of a down server. You just have to wait until it is back online, might be couple hours or a couple minutes.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,

I think you know what your problem is. Your IP address must of been put on the blacklist that the server checks before running a web site.

I will ask an administrator with the site is to request that your IP address to be taken off the blacklist.

In the meantime, please post in the free hosting section of the forums.

Hope I could help,
--Neil

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Daryl: Your IP may be on the black list for a number of reasons. A previous user of the IP address may have been doing illegal activities such as pirating files/programs or hacking. But, it all depends.

It is techenechly a mod_security problem, and would have to be handled by an administrator. So post in the free hosting section of the forums.

Last edited: