a few ideas

FerretFreak

Reaction score
Ok, first of all, something really needs to be done about how stuff is arranged... the first time I was here I could hardly find any of the info I needed, like what plans x10 offers, how much they cost/what ads there are and what they look like, what features we get, etc. There needs to be a big ol' button at the top that says HOSTING that has all of that information, plus links to sign-up and stuff on it. That would greatly help and encourage newcomers, methinks :grin:

Another thing thast'd make the the forums a bit cooler is a sort of marketplace. I've seen other forums do this, and it's fun! You accumulate points from your posts (which I think we already do anyway), and then you can spend them/donate them to other members for their services/gfx/advertising your site or whatever.

Oh, and as I suggest with almost every forum, it would be nice if we could put HTML in our posts.

N

Nathan

On your first suggestion I'm unsure of, second, maybe I could pitch it at Corey or Auvee and the third, HTML is a security issue.

NewFuture

Reaction score
i have been at x10 for a while now and i do see his point, when at school people have approached me saying cool, like your hosting show us the t&c's the packages and plans, but i couldnt find them straight away and when i did we had to go to lessons, if you could make naviagtion simpler with a 'big ol' button for hosting it would help, otherwise people just see this a a forum to imaginary hosting with no idea where to sign up

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have an Apply button and a Plans button on the navbar up top... can it get much easier?

-Corey

N

Nathan

Corey said:
We have an Apply button and a Plans button on the navbar up top... can it get much easier?

-Corey

The Market Place does sound like a good idea though.

Penguin

Reaction score
Could be just me but the plans button at the top takes me to a page that looks an awful lot like the ads code page.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Yea, the plans button doesnt bring you to the plans. Anyways, I myself had a small bit of trouble getting around at first but obviously people who really want the hosting are going to look around for a bit.

Also looking at the amount of applications at this place, I see no need to receive more newcomers.

But in the long run it would be a good idea to make a few changes.