Absolut Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolut is the first server to be transferred. We will be starting the transfer in 3 hours from now.

For those of you wondering, the new server IP is '216.245.208.154'. This is to be used if you have custom DNS only.

-Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. How long is this transfer expected to be going for? Since I have no school tomorrow, I'd like to be able to close my forums with a fresh database copy on my C drive before the transfer begins and for when it ends (should the transfer'ed copy have an old database file in it).

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. How long is this transfer expected to be going for? Since I have no school tomorrow, I'd like to be able to close my forums with a fresh database copy on my C drive before the transfer begins and for when it ends (should the transfer'ed copy have an old database file in it).

It all depends, there are a lot of factors in doing this (server loads, internet congestion, size per account, etc).

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
It all depends, there are a lot of factors in doing this (server loads, internet congestion, size per account, etc).

Well yeah I know that. Is this going through a server-to-server transfer or is it going from server-to Corey's-to server? Just wondering. I'd assume server-to-server since datacenters have "phat" pipes :biggrin:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Well yeah I know that. Is this going through a server-to-server transfer or is it going from server-to Corey's-to server? Just wondering. I'd assume server-to-server since datacenters have "phat" pipes :biggrin:

Server to Server.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice. I am not on Absolute, but I am sure all Absolute users are happy :D. Happy day for x10 :p

alv4

Reaction score
He ask..
why are all happy for the transfer of the server....???

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
He ask..
why are all happy for the transfer of the server....???

Well because, it's probably going to be a server that's faster and has more disk space, and plus the fact that it's shiny makes us want to break it like we did to the rest of the servers. I think Brandon and Corey have already broken it already a little bit :lol:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This transfer has started. We will not have an ETA until a bunch get transferred, so don't ask :).

This server is setup much better and hopefully more secure :)

-Corey

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not possible, so you won't know until the transfer is done.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It should work yes;

I believe Absolut will be finished copying by the of tonight.

-Corey

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Apparently my account has been copied to the new Absolut. I've moved my DNS settings over to the new server already if that's not an issue. I noticed that the Shell access is back in cPanel. Will this be staying there or will Shell be getting taken away again?

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Apparently my account has been copied to the new Absolut. I've moved my DNS settings over to the new server already if that's not an issue. I noticed that the Shell access is back in cPanel. Will this be staying there or will Shell be getting taken away again?

Your account doesn't actually have shell access, that's a default feature in cPanel. I'll let Corey know he needs to disable the option from within the feature list.

Thanks for letting us know.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Your account doesn't actually have shell access, that's a default feature in cPanel. I'll let Corey know he needs to disable the option from within the feature list.

Thanks for letting us know.

You're Welcome :happysad:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
To all of the people wondering, your site will only be down for a short period of time, when your account is being transferred. Before/After that, your account will be accessible.
A way to tell is to look at the Shared IP Address in the left sidebar in cPanel.
If it hasn't been transferred, it will show '74.86.133.24'. If it has been transferred, it will show '216.245.208.154'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.