Account Suspended, cannot access Appeals page

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicpr6

Reaction score
Hi. Good day.

Recently, I have been having trouble accessing my site because my home ISP apparently keeps changing my assigned IP address every minute or so. It's like it's on a load balancer or something. So after having been frustrated with the constant logging in, I searched on Google and came across a link where the same problem was experienced (albeit on another hosting service) and the advice was to try using hotspot shield vpn extension for chrome. So I tried it, and made matters worse. Now it says I logged in from a forbidden country (France) and my account's been suspended, without any access to the appeals page.

If I try going to the appeals page, I get any of three results: 1. I get an error message (saying something went wrong); 2. I get asked to login again, only to be redirected to either a) a Halt page, or b) the error message in #1; and 3. I get sent back to the page where I clicked on the appeals link in the first place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

musicpr6

Reaction score
Hi again.

I know it says on the pinned post that we are not supposed to post here regarding the suspension, however, I still cannot access the appeals page for some reason and there is nowhere else to go but here.

Hopefully an admin sees this and refers this to the appropriate person.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we're going to be at a bit of a stuck spot - as senior staff advised in a premium ticket you had with us, cPanel requires a static IP for security reasons. This isn't something we can disable, which will cause problems as if we try to lift the suspension, you would still find yourself being repeatedly logged-out due to the changing IP address.

The bigger problem is the use of the proxies to access the account; I am lifting the suspension shortly, however using proxies/VPN's to log in will likely cause the account to be suspended again, and we can only lift suspensions such as this once (in cases where the account was signed up for via proxy, not at all). Other than recommending that you contact your ISP to try and get a static IP address, I'm not sure there's much else we'll be able to do at this time.

musicpr6

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the consideration.

I have already sent an email to my ISP customer care center regarding the wildly-changing IP add. No more VPNs for me, that's for sure.

Again, your help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.