Account Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

getmymacon11

Reaction score
I have just been notified of my appeal and it appears they decided against me and make my suspension permanent.

I wanted to make it known that because I didn't know about the breach of terms of service, I should not be punished so severely.

I am more than willing to remove the app I installed on the server and it will never happen again.

Please unsuspend me.

www.getmymacon.com

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
As the appeal indicates clearly, our Terms of Service forbids file storage - OwnCloud's only purpose is to store files, and your account actually contained 1.8GB of files stored in violation of the Terms of Service. This is why the account was marked as a permanent suspension; the Terms of Service has stated no file storage for quite some time, well beyond the date the account was created (I've confirmed that the ToS displayed at the time did indeed state that it's a permanent suspension if found to be violating the rule).

Knowing that this has been confirmed again as permanent, I am closing the thread. While I do understand it is unfortunate to have lost the hosting account in this fashion, it is also part of the Terms of Service that was agreed to at signup.

Status
Not open for further replies.