ACCOUNT suspension for no nreason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ischool

Reaction score
Oour non-profit organiztaion's website was suspended allegedly for spmming, having submitted an appeal we were informed that

our site had been compromised and our files were moved to public_html_Compromised.

we were then unsuspended and as i promised i audited all the files and changed all passwors!
!
HOWEVER , THE WEBSITE IS STILL not working, i cannot even submit a ticket to support service like i used to be able to
OUR USERNAME: ischool
!
moreover i believe we are being forced to switching to paid hosting by unfair suspencion as

audit conducted by me revealed:

NO FILES had been compromised (WHY THEN WERE THEY MOvED TO thE NEWdirectory) all the files are intact,just simple HtmL pages and a few archives and JPG pics! we have a small website-a simple HTML site with SSI inclusions and 2-3 captcha and contact us php form script. we do not use any other scrips. what exactly had been compromised remains a MYSTERY. SUpportservice did not provide any additional information.

it is very sad because it hasnt happened once, we take privacy seriously.

I cannt seeem to get the website to work, having uploaded files all over again i keep getting this

http://instituteofappliedmissions.org/ - shows NOTHING

ERROR LOGS SHOW

we do NOT have anything in LIB dirrectory.

2014-03-04 07:02:11.141 [NOTICE] [46.242.77.204:61724-0#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] [STDERR] PHP Warning: opendir(/home/ischool/public_html/): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /usr/local/lib/php/autoindex/default.php on line 136
2014-03-04 07:02:11.139 [ERROR] [HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/ischool/public_html/.htaccess]: Permission denied
2014-03-04 06:59:06.032 [INFO] [41.13.8.42:62262-0#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] File not found [/home/ischool/public_html/404.shtml]
2014-03-04 06:59:06.032 [INFO] [41.13.8.42:62262-0#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] File not found [/home/ischool/public_html/images/letter.jpg]
2014-03-04 06:59:06.032 [ERROR] [HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/ischool/public_html/.htaccess]: Permission denied
2014-03-04 06:58:22.726 [NOTICE] [46.242.77.204:61553-0#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] [STDERR] PHP Warning: opendir(/home/ischool/public_html/): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /usr/local/lib/php/autoindex/default.php on line 136
2014-03-04 06:58:22.722 [ERROR] [HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/ischool/public_html/.htaccess]: Permission denied
2014-03-04 06:57:53.996 [INFO] [41.13.8.42:62062-1#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] File not found [/home/ischool/public_html/404.shtml]
2014-03-04 06:57:53.996 [INFO] [41.13.8.42:62062-1#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] File not found [/home/ischool/public_html/images/letter.jpg]
2014-03-04 06:57:53.996 [ERROR] [HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/ischool/public_html/.htaccess]: Permission denied
2014-03-04 06:57:50.119 [INFO] [41.13.8.42:62074-1#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] File not found [/home/ischool/public_html/404.shtml]
2014-03-04 06:57:49.720 [INFO] [41.13.8.42:62074-0#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] File not found [/home/ischool/public_html/404.shtml]
2014-03-04 06:57:49.720 [INFO] [41.13.8.42:62074-0#APVH_ischool.x10.mx] File not found [/home/ischool/public_html/bibleclasses/videos/field.html]

PLEASE HELP US RECOVER THE WEBSITE

ischool

Reaction score
ALSO, please someone explain to me how a simple HTML site can be compromised and engaged in spam?!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
For the record, I suspended your account personally as it was sending hundreds of emails per hour, all being stopped by our spam filter. I can show you the logs (if they're still around) if you want proof. We aren't in the business of suspending people for no reason.

It's entirely possible that this had nothing to do with your actual website, but that your account credentials were compromised. I'd recommend changing them. I'm on the road right now so I can't look at your site, but I'll look in about an hour when I get to work.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I fixed the permission issues on your public_html and your site loads once again. As per @leafypiggy I still recommend you change your account's password if you have not done so already.

Also, this current forum account (@ischool) is not linked to your hosting account. You can do that by logging into https://x10hosting.com/sso, clicking on "Get Support" in the navigation bar, then click on "Visit Forums" and then the "Link your existing community forums account" in the small box that appears. Doing this will allow you to receive faster forum support in the future, as our support staff will then be able to know with certainty that you are the account owner of the account you are requesting support for.

ischool

Reaction score
DEAR SUPPORT, YET AGAIN YOU HAVE SUSPENDED THE ACCOUNT... I CAN guarantee that account credentials COULD NOT HAVE BEEN compromised. I changed immediately after previous unsuspension!
I only logged in 3 times SINCE then from the BRAND NEW COMPUTER with the LATEST ANTIVIRUS software!

NO BODY COULD HAVE HACKED or stolen the new password and whoever spams using our website MUST USE a lot of your clients accounts exploiting the BREACH in YOUR security because i took all measures (including logging in with virtual keaybord, brand new computer with antiviral software)

BESIDES it doesnt even make sense, since we do not engage in spam activities we have a very small site, that no hacker WOULD HAVE ANY USE of getting access to the smallwebste of ours and use for spamming! this doesnt make sense cuz if they need to spam they can create a new account, A BUNCH of new accounts in a few clicks with you and spam from those! who would go into trouble of hacking a small website when they can create a free account o tons of new ones since its free!
please, provide the actual reason why we keep getting suspended we are NOT doing anything wrong and taking all the actions necessary to keep the access secure!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Spammers send out bots to find insecure "contact me" forms and exploit them. They do not have time to set up individual accounts at free hosting sites.

I can only assume that your form/captcha is not secure enough.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like SMTP this time... but it's definitely a spam attack. Please don't accuse us of suspending you for no reason. You were suspended by a level two administrator for spam.

Code:
root@absolut [/var/log]# grep "instituteofappliedmissions.org" exim_mainlog | wc -l

That means that (in only one of the logfiles) your account has tried to send 1,085,534 email messages. 1 MILLION. and that's just since April 6th.

amigomi63

Reaction score
Dear
leafypiggy, i didn't mean to sound acquisitive,i was just desperate to learn how can experience keep repeating since i took all the actions necessary to ensure account's passwords safety. We ONLY have one script and that is a protected by captcha contact us form. now that you pointed it out and say they're using that script i will remove the form and just write the website email address instead, so then there would be absolutely no way to be sed in any spam attacks.

Would you please unsuspend the account?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Closing this as the dispute that was filed with our dispute system has been answered; unfortunately due to the sheer severity of the spam being sent and this being the second time the account was suspended for spam, we aren't able to lift it.

Status
Not open for further replies.