Account suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivcool

Reaction score
Hi,

My account was suspended couple of weeks ago, but I thought I fixed the problem now - http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/185359-administrative-suspension.html

Now I've got this suspension - Account sending unsolicited/spam email messages or spamvertised.

Can you clarify what has happened? I haven't really noticed any spam messages/email being sent out. I've noticed members posting links, but I've realised who they are (spam bots who registered before I have fixed the problem) and I have started deleting them from my database since Sunday 26th May. It's going to take me a while until I delete all of them.

If there is anything let me know,

Thanks,

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
This account was re-suspended as the account is continuing to send out spam emails from bot registrations; the signup process was confirmed to still be lacking captchas, and if any anti-bot system was installed, it's definitely not functioning properly.

Given that this has started again and the signup process wasn't re-secured, and that this is the third time it was suspended for the outgoing spam (first was on 5-4, second was on 5-8 after the problem was not resolved after 24 hours), we're not going to be able to lift the suspension at this time.

vivcool

Reaction score
The problem is I'm in exam season, and the exams do not finish until in two weeks (I think I mentioned it in the other thread). I have requested for a captca code from sharetronix, so it will take a while to get the codes.

Also I was going to upgrade sharetronix, as my was needed to be upgraded from 2.5 to 3.0 which has the extra security. As I've never upgraded before, and it takes time I've was going to contact support after the exams. I tried upgrading through the cpanel, but it wouldn't work, and it said to do it manually.

So if it's possible, can I request an extension of 3-4 weeks. (This gives me two weeks work on the website after the exams). I thought I fixed the problem by disabling bots to register (which has worked), but I didn't know that it was still sending emails until today, which I could have been warned before suspension because I didn't know.

What I'll do is until I fix the problem, I will disable both website (joomla and sharetronix) for now (for which account has to be suspended). I remove the link between joomla and sharetronix as Joomla is the website that's the bots attacked.

If you can, suspend the joomla website and give me extension that I would be thankful.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately as already indicated, we cannot lift the suspension again. The time between your last warning and now was three weeks - this is more than long enough to have disabled your websites if that was what you needed to do until you were able to resolve the issue, especially as on May 8th I had moved your websites into public_html_spambotattack to disable them for you until you were able to resolve this. You were pointed towards captchas, and at the time of the suspension it was confirmed no captcha, or any visible anti-bot protection, had been enabled - the signup process still only required an email, meaning that the system was indeed still sending 1 email per bot registration, totaling several thousand per day.

As there's nothing we can do to lift the suspension at this point, I am closing the ticket. I do understand that this is not the result you were looking for, however we cannot allow one account to continue to send spam and degrade the integrity of the emailing server like this, especially after warnings were already given and a long amount of time given to fix it (we normally give 24 hours to fix it or disable the site - you had three weeks).

Status
Not open for further replies.