account suspention due to malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezeee

Reaction score
I got this account suspention message

"Your account has been heavily compromised; between the malicious phishing redirect in lndex.php (note that it's an L instead
of an I) and the mass-mailer stuck in the Wordpress install among other malware, the account was suspended to protect the
integrity of the x10hosting network. While I can lift the suspension, due to the extent of the damage, the contents of the
wordpress folder would be erased, along with the erasure of the phishing redirect in lndex.php. You would be able to restore
from a backup, however you will need to ensure the account remains secure - if it were to be compromised again, we won't be
able to lift the suspension a second time.

Do you agree to have the malware removed and the wordpress directory purged, and to keep the account secure in the future?"

Can someone guide how to
1. Ensure back up from restore?
2. Can I reinstall wordpress?
3....How would I ensure this does not repeat.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a backup, you would need to reinstall from that; alternatively, I would normally recommend reinstalling from fresh, vendor supplied files, as it's unclear exactly how long ago your account had been compromised, so there's a good chance backups would be compromised as well.

For ensuring it doesn't repeat, http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress , along with ensuring your home system is secure and all software is up-to-date. If you're using a weak password, change it to a stronger one as well, but if the scripts on the account are outdated it's effectively leaving the door open for hackers.

eezeee

Reaction score
Hi
I had made my blog using wordpress theme.
Is there any ways I can restore all files without affecting everything else?
presently there is error in my index,php files

eezeee

Reaction score
If you have a backup, you would need to reinstall from that; alternatively, I would normally recommend reinstalling from fresh, vendor supplied files, as it's unclear exactly how long ago your account had been compromised, so there's a good chance backups would be compromised as well.

For ensuring it doesn't repeat, http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress , along with ensuring your home system is secure and all software is up-to-date. If you're using a weak password, change it to a stronger one as well, but if the scripts on the account are outdated it's effectively leaving the door open for hackers.

how do i reinstall from fresh??

Status
Not open for further replies.