Account terminated... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Good morning,

I received a notification during the night about my account being terminated, without any more details. Sure enough, I no longer have access to the website or cPanel and no hosting account is listed in my x10Hosting control panel. The panel says my last login was on August 16, but I'm pretty much 100% sure I logged into the forums at least twice in September, and even if the problem were inactivity I reckon my account would only have been suspended (right?).

I've read that you don't keep backups of terminated accounts, which is fine since most of it should be up to date on my computer, but I'd like to know why it got terminated and if I can remake it with the same name (salvatos.x10hosting) without problems.

Thank you in advance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

The termination reason says it was due to the account having been suspended for more then 14 days. It was an automated termination.

It is a requirement that you login here at the forums at least once very 30 days to keep the account active. Logging into the account panel would not be counted as activity.

If the account was already suspended when you last logged into the forums, it would not automatically be unsuspended, you'd need to log into the account panel and request the unsuspension, preferably after logging into the forums first to avoid a check being made between unsuspension point and the next forum login.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
When was the last time you saw your site working properly?

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I visited my website last week at most, probably sometime in the last three days. It certainly wasn't suspended. I see that many people seem to be experiencing a similar situation; good luck in finding the cause and thank you for your time.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Well, I read around the forum a bit. I was indeed part of those suspended accounts in the last sever moves, so this all makes sense. It would be good to get some sort of announcement/guidelines now: should we wait for your investigation to be completed or just create new accounts and reupload our stuff right away? I'd like to do some code testing by the end of the week.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I have received no information. If you need a working account to test some coding by the end of the week, I would suggest creating a new account.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Is there any way to get a domain in .x10hosting.com back? I don't see it in the list on sign up. I don't mind waiting for a while to get it back.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Signing up using that has been disabled due to some putting bad content on subdomains of x10hosting.com causing some troubles for our main site.

However if you PM me with the domain you want after signing up, I'm sure we can work something out for you

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'll post this here because I don't want to spam Anna's inbox; let me know if I should create a new thread instead.

I tried to create a hosting account on Sept. 30, but got no e-mail. I checked my account panel and saw this:
"An error occurred as your hosting account signup was executed. This error was fatal to the request. Please reattempt your hosting signup again or create a support request."
Reattempting does not change anything other than the request's date and I can't create a support request since "Support is currently closed for the server your hosting account is on ()" (obviously).

Thanks in advance for any help.

P. S. As a sidenote, I'm not receiving e-mail notifications for my forum subscriptions although they're marked as instant e-mail notifications. They're not in the spam folder either.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
send me the details and I'll sort it for you :) (desired cpanel user, password if you don't want a random, domain I got )

As for contact e-mail it'll be the same as you had set in account panel for the previous account.

Status
Not open for further replies.