Ad or something blocking access to forum

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
DIDN'T WORK Corey,

I just logged out, cleared my browser's cache, closed the current browser window, then opened a new one to get on the forum again without logging in, and the same thing still happened.

Anyway, thanks for trying Corey. Just want to let you know that it's not working - at least not for me on Internet Explorer.

Well, I guess I'm back to logging in then :smile:.

Try using the "Remember my login" box?

LostHorizon

Reaction score
Hi,

I got on the forum today without even logging in and everything is FINE (back to normal again - NO MORE annoying pop-up ad that keeps on following your mouse's movement blocking access to the page).

THANKS to the hard working staff.

P.S.: Another thing I find when accessing the forum while not logging in is that the page is loaded A LOT SLOWER than when I'm logged in which is almost INSTANTLY but this is no biggie (no complain from me - I got so used to logging in nowadays anyway :smile:).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I completely deleted the ad that was causing the problem for right now.

We get a lot of search traffic that is from non-members so there are more ads if you are NOT logged in to monetize that traffic. If you login the majority of the ads should disappear, save for the top banner I think. And if you get enough posts, even that disappears :p

henk506673

Reaction score
If you read what the OP was pointing out, the ad was being shown on the forums not any free hosting site within x10hosting.

Anyway, I never knew there was any ads on the forums at all. AdBlock Plus ftw! :D

thankyou Dan in case you did not know I AM NOT BLIND AND CAN SEE VERY WELL! anyways all of you chrome users complaining about problems, i use chrome on a daily basis (as my primary browser as a matter of fact) and have never ever ran into any of those problems but i could easily see how it would show up on small screen i use firefox daily as well. pball i will check firefox opera and internet explorer nine and let you know if any of those have issues. but your right that is odd.