Added nameservers to googla domains, website doesnt work

ammonisx

Reaction score
I added 2 custom domain names : ns1.x10hosting.com, ns2.x10hosting.com under "Manage my Domains" in Google domains.

Parked my domain (ammonis.com) under my cpanel (ammonis.x10host.com). I cant access my www.ammonis.com.

Do I need to enter custom resource records in google domains? Can someone please help me create or tell me which records I need to add for google to be pointing correctly to ammonis.com?

Thank you

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm seeing the same page under both URLs (ammonis.x10host.com and www.ammonis.com). You may be experiencing a local (to you) DNS problem; try flushing your DNS cache.

ammonisx

Reaction score
Apparently, I had to add custom resource records (@ A record pointing to IP), in addition to nameservers, on google domains. Now I can access ammonis.com. Otherwise, it wasnt working, this has not been documented anywhere.

I also added bunch of other CNAME records (like MX, mail.ammonis, etc) and my mail is also working (incoming pop mail) but my outgoing smtp mail doesnt seem to be working ...

Is there any guidance on cname records and what to add and would someone need to create those?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Outgoing (remote) SMTP is blocked on Free Hosting due to the potential for spam. Everything has to go out through the local outbound spam filters.