Adding HTML files (Please Read!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichold

Reaction score
I am fairly new to the website comunity, and this is my first time using a site host. How do I set up a website using HTML and CSS? I have basic knoladge, but when I uploaded a .html file, the site didn't show it. How do I get .html files to show up like they do when you open them? (meaning when you double click and they show up in your web browser)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi erichold,

You can upload your HTML file by placing it in the "public_html" folder in your home directory. All files that are in "public_html" will be visible on your .x10.mx domain. :)

I took a look at your account, and it seems like quite a few important files and folders are missing, including your public_html folder. I can revert your account back to its initial state, to bring these files back. Would you be happy with me doing this? :)

Thank you,

erichold

Reaction score
Hi erichold,

You can upload your HTML file by placing it in the "public_html" folder in your home directory. All files that are in "public_html" will be visible on your .x10.mx domain. :)

I took a look at your account, and it seems like quite a few important files and folders are missing, including your public_html folder. I can revert your account back to its initial state, to bring these files back. Would you be happy with me doing this? :)

Thank you,
Yes please

caftpx10

Reaction score
Why are people able to delete public_html? Won't that be required for the site to display the pages anyway? :lol:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
They own the files/folders, they can do what they wish.

A lot of times in my setups on hosting accounts I'll delete public_html because I symlink it to another folder in my application codebase... but that's another subject.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi erichold,

Your account has now been reset to its default state, and I have restored the HTML files you already had on your hosting account. :)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.