Additional Free Server Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're adding an additional ad-free server within the next 48 hours. The order is in, it just needs to be deployed and secured. Please forgive some slowness on the ad-free accounts until we get this server online and running!

-Corey

lambada

Reaction score
So I presume now we'll have the
2 ad free servers
the ad-enhanced server
Business server
For a grand total of 4 servers?

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Correct:), we are back to 4 servers.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We are all set to install this server once The Planet puts it online to us. Everything is configured and ready to go. I will let everyone know when it is in place.

-Corey

DaveMurray-3-

Reaction score
this server will be available only for AdFree Accounts? What About Corporate Accounts? :)

the Server Load : 4.35

it seems is a high number....

i hope this new upcoming server will helps on perfomance...

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
New server has been delayed until tomorrow morning. I got in a little fight with The Planet about lying to me and canceled it. I have a new order in with SoftLayer(2-4 hour setup time). So it will be up and ready for me to configure first thing in the morning when I get in the office.

Good news is, the server is A LOT better than the original, bad news is it's over double the price I was going to pay ;). Oh well. You guys better complete some offers when we open it up in a few days! :)

-Corey

lambada

Reaction score
Just out of interest, what exactly did the Planet lie about? I'm looking towards a dedicated server for my development needs and I'm doing a little market research. Seeing as I haven't heard that many bad things about The Planet you've piqued my curiosity.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Just out of interest, what exactly did the Planet lie about? I'm looking towards a dedicated server for my development needs and I'm doing a little market research. Seeing as I haven't heard that many bad things about The Planet you've piqued my curiosity.

well another hosting company(also got their servers hosted on ThePlanet)(i dunno if i am authorized to mention) is having problems with trend micro with mail stuff being blocked... the problem is still going on at the moment

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been on and off with The Planet for quite a while now and once everything is setup and IF you don't have problems or need them you'd be good. Their network is great and most things you can do remotely.

They lied about the server setup time, 3 different times to me. I put a request in for the server 3 days ago now and I had to bother the sales team 3-5 times for the first 24 hours to put my order in and send me a contract. Once they did I faxed it back within 45 minutes and had to bother them 3 more times to get them to place the order. I asked how long until the server would be up since we really needed it ASAP, I was told shortly. 24 hours goes by (Yesterday), I go in the livechat and ask for a status, they told me it was running up2date and would be online soon. 6 hours goes by, I ask again, they said it was install cPanel and would be up soon. 4 more hours, should be up anytime, will definitely be up by the end of the day. 11PM last night, it's still installing cPanel... I canceled the order and placed it with SoftLayer. The server is now online I just need to finish configuring it.

If it's your first time getting a server I'd hands down recommend softlayer. They always go out of their way to help you and make sure your happy.

-Corey
Edit:
The server is online and I'm working on switching new accounts to it. I'll hopefully be done soon. It is taking a while to sync all our DNS records and everything.

-Corey

Last edited:

Muffin

Reaction score
I've been on and off with The Planet for quite a while now and once everything is setup and IF you don't have problems or need them you'd be good. Their network is great and most things you can do remotely.

They lied about the server setup time, 3 different times to me. I put a request in for the server 3 days ago now and I had to bother the sales team 3-5 times for the first 24 hours to put my order in and send me a contract. Once they did I faxed it back within 45 minutes and had to bother them 3 more times to get them to place the order. I asked how long until the server would be up since we really needed it ASAP, I was told shortly. 24 hours goes by (Yesterday), I go in the livechat and ask for a status, they told me it was running up2date and would be online soon. 6 hours goes by, I ask again, they said it was install cPanel and would be up soon. 4 more hours, should be up anytime, will definitely be up by the end of the day. 11PM last night, it's still installing cPanel... I canceled the order and placed it with SoftLayer. The server is now online I just need to finish configuring it.

If it's your first time getting a server I'd hands down recommend softlayer. They always go out of their way to help you and make sure your happy.

-Corey
Edit:
The server is online and I'm working on switching new accounts to it. I'll hopefully be done soon. It is taking a while to sync all our DNS records and everything.

-Corey

One more time Corey saves the day! :thefinger

jsobeck

Reaction score
Great job Corey, you're always on top of everything. Keep up the great work with x10.

DMacK

Reaction score
Don't know how you do it Corey but we all appreciate your hard work! Thanks!

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
http://www.theplanet.com/ -- That's The Planet, there a good data center if you have no problems:).

Also Dave, you are right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.