Addon Domain: Cannot add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hofheins

Reaction score
I have a free hosting account residing on Lotus. I previously set up an addon domain for hofheins.org. It stopped working after the server move. I waited for a while hoping it would fix itself after the move. It is currently still not working (hofheins.org goes to the general x10hosting website).
I tried to re-create the addon domain, and it gives me this error after configuration:

"Error from domain wrapper: Domain already exists, it was not added.: hofheinsorg.hofheins.x10hosting.com"

The domain is not listed as existing in my addon domains, or parked domains. I checked my DNS servers at my domain reg. and they are set to:

NS1.X10HOSTING.COM
NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

I can't seem to get this working. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
You tried to remove the addon domain first? It needs to be cleared off the cPanel before you can re-add the domain.

You might have to manually delete the subdomain in that error from your subdomain section in cPanel.

Last edited:

hofheins

Reaction score
Thanks Jake.

This addon domain was not listed anymore in the Cpanel, so I couldn't remove it first. So I tried to just re-add it, and I got the error.

I see that it did create a sub domain "hofheinsorg.hofheins.x10hosting.com".
I removed it, and tried to add the addon domain again, and it gave this error:

"Error from park wrapper: hofheins.org is already configured."

I double checked, and I do not have "hofheins.org" listed in Cpanel under Parked, Addon, or Sub domains.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

You should be able to add it now, I have removed the remaining entry on the name servers.

hofheins

Reaction score
Thanks Anna.

I tried to add it just now, and It gave this error:

I only have (1) parked domain (tshofheins.com). I removed this just in case it was causing this (maybe a data base label mix up or something). After trying to remove it, I got this error:

"Error from hooks wrapper: Domain action was not successfully completed [1]. Error: Error from park wrapper: Unable to find out which user owns the parked domain tshofheins.com."

I went back to the main Cpanel screen, and saw that I now had "0/3 parked domains". Going back into the Parked Domain control, I see that tshofheins.com is not listed anymore.

I went back to the Addon Domain control, and tried once again to add "hofheins.org" as an addon domain. I got the same error as before:

Still kind of stuck. Hopefully I can get this fixed. Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.