Addon or Parked?

Reaction score
So I am currently using .elementfx because I thought it matched the content of my website, however, google, facebook, and others are putting limitations and blocks on that subdomain. I purchased a cheap .com this morning and I was reading the post http://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Your_Own_Domain and since I'm new at this I really do not understand my choices and what will happen to my website.

Should I do the instructions for Addon or Parked?

My goal is to change my website address to .com and also use google apps for business to manage new email addresses .com instead of myemail@_____.elementfx.com I'm really not sure how that all works. I am a prime member, not sure if that matters.

What are the differences between these two options? What one would you recommend? I guess I have to wait 48 hrs for godaddy for the DNS anyways.

Thanx,

Derek

Last edited:
Reaction score
I"ll answer most of this for myself:

Addon is what I want. But now that I have the addon domain set up correctly, I am not positive how I can move my website from .elementfx to my new domain, and I'm not sure how to change my emails on google apps for business so that they are my new domain :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am having problems setting up my e-mail with GoDaddy. Giving me MX Record Pending message. What do I need to change in my x10 cPanel MX Record for my e-mail to be active?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah you want parked if you want it to show the same website. You'll have to look in the configuration for PHP-Nuke and edit that to reflect the new domain, though; otherwise links and images may keep referring to the elementfx subdomain.

Last edited:

vekou

Reaction score
"Domain does not exist": Most likely it is a DNS problem. It would need max 48 hours to propagate, but usually, a few hours would suffice. Regarding the domain earlier, yeah you're right, you need parked.

Reaction score
I think the issue was I was redirecting to my .elementfx.com so i've canceled the redirect, but with no luck I'm still getting domain doesn't exist...maybe I need to wait a 48 hrs agian..we'll see.